Great Video

Awesome!
That‘s how to have fun in an X!
He must run about 20 psi in those rear tires though. :)

That was fairly typical for a DCfiats club drive....about 30 years ago. It only takes one track day to realize you are wasting your time, and life, doing stupid crap like this on the road.

Since it was unusually warm today I got a chance to hit some local country roads in the ratX and the sound track would have been exactly like the video but I was probably a gear or two lower since I was completely enthralled with the dual DCOEs wailing away and my actual speed was more appropriate for a 70 year old idiot.

It's a beautiful fall day here, today. 59 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. In the spirit of the video, I took mine out for a quick romp this afternoon. Had fun going through the gears, but I was "definitely" more subdued than this guy. I had to get a quickie in before I fly into a friggin blizzard in Chicago, tomorrow morning.

revision...flight just cancelled!!!!!

Last edited:
Gotta love this nutball.
And looking in the rear view mirror, he is one of us grey-haired old farts.

Agree with others, that should be done on a track or closed road. I wonder how much longer he and others around him survive. As for him, that will just be Darwin at work. But for the others he takes out, and the car, very sad.

I did not read any supporting info. But I would have guessed more than 135 HP to perform that way. Also have to wonder how long the trans survives with that kind of driving.

He starts saying yassas which is hello in greek so in that case he's just a little wilder than the average guy, at least compared to my experience from driving in Greece- :D

It usually takes a few days to adjust when i get back home, everyone seems to be asleep behind the steering wheel and no one honks anymore...

When I was much younger and driving my new to me X I liked to find deserted twisty roads (usually early morning) to have some fun. I was convinced that I was the fastest driver in the tri-state area. I had the car, I had the skill, I was something special. At least in my immature mind. Then I built a racecar and took it to the track to embarrass those posers who thought they were racecar drivers. Man, what an ego crushing experienced that was! I learned really quickly that
A. I wasn't all that, and
B. There are some REALLY talented real racecar drivers out there in the amature racing scene.
Today I still like to drive as fast as I can - on the racetrack - and I have a great deal of respect for those talented men and women I compete with. Oh, and on public roads...I no longer have any desire to prove anything to anyone. Especially to myself. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a "spirted drive" but I find it's more enjoyable to concentrate on things like car placement and smoothness than lawbreaking speed and risky manuvers.
My advice to the driver of the car in the vid would be to enter that car in a tarmac rally too see how you really stack up. You might find a new pastime - getting better. That should leave you a lot less time for making videos of you terrorizing the locals.

You guys are all so grown up and mature. I'm very proud to be associated with such a distinguished group. I'm also ashamed to admit that I LOVE this video, and "truth be told" I wish this was "me" driving "my X" with the same level of performance. Looks like I still have a ways to go before I start acting my age. Don't tell my wife!

Don't tell anyone but I think we all enjoyed that video...we just have to present a responsible side for the public.

Don't tell anyone but I think we all enjoyed that video...we just have to present a responsible side for the public.

well, me personally watch a ton of "fail" videos. entertaining for sure, but getting older does sway me attempting those fun, (some say stupid) things. Growing up for sure I would drive like a moron. now I watch others ;)

Odie

What the hell is that in front of his right knee?....a CB radio or a cassette player???
I know these early cars dashes makes for a more roomier cabin but in an accident its gonna hurt your knee big time.
Just trying to be responsible like you guys....lol

Back