RED X19

Just a flashback from yesterday.
If I already haven’t told that and forgot :D

I was turning my head right before impact and saw that have avoided collision by 1cm and got relieved and then baaaaaam hahahhahaha

Just a flashback from yesterday.
If I already haven’t told that and forgot :D

I was turning my head right before impact and saw that have avoided collision by 1cm and got relieved and then baaaaaam hahahhahaha
Sounds like a dangerous street to drive on. :oops:

Made a machine for wheel sanding/polishing.
Was going to test wheels, but they didn’t fit, wheel appeared to be 4x108 🤦🏻‍♀️
2B0A8796-7EF7-4D91-849E-BF8E5F34DB18.jpeg
E5523D01-2231-4D9B-A4C9-4E5D11E9F5F8.jpeg

So far these wheels in my taste are the best ones.
What are Your thoughts about idea to mill existing holes (4x108) to 4x98 pattern without welding. There is no meat for 8 holes.
I have 12mm mill tap, but would need to buy 60degree chamfer mill.
At my understanding that would work if chamfer would be for ~1mm deeper.

EB1D24BF-B6F6-4242-AB6F-CAD481E40EA9.jpeg

It look that it is common practice

So far these wheels in my taste are the best ones.
What are Your thoughts about idea to mill existing holes (4x108) to 4x98 pattern without welding. There is no meat for 8 holes.
I have 12mm mill tap, but would need to buy 60degree chamfer mill.
At my understanding that would work if chamfer would be for ~1mm deeper.

View attachment 43803
These wheels are marked 112. Looks like a 4x112 pattern not 4x108.

Is there enough room there to redrill the pattern that small? Just looking at the pic, the way holes are sunk down it seems 98mm circle will be close to the wall? Don't forget you will need room for a socket to fit over the lug nuts/bolts.

EB1D24BF-B6F6-4242-AB6F-CAD481E40EA9.jpg

The service you linked said on wheels within a 8mm range - yours are 10mm outsize. Seems like a dodgy experiment to me. Would suck to have a wheel break while driving & bugger the body more than it already has been - not that I'm one to talk about accidents :D

I can do some measurements on Monday, but I agree that this may be a sketchy idea :D that’s why asked at the first point

As have no will to pull out studs of tires and need tires without studs for dyno tuning on Thursday, will put back 16” Borbet A 😂
61EBEDC5-FEDE-4360-8C99-6B5E2C636D4C.jpeg

Is that another X1/9 you have, or old pics before you did body work? I don't recall if yours was red originally at this point.

Wheels that large are going to skew the dyno tuning, I'd think...

Is that another X1/9 you have, or old pics before you did body work? I don't recall if yours was red originally at this point.

Wheels that large are going to skew the dyno tuning, I'd think...
Old pics
Rear ones ar 215/40 (if not mistaken on tire size) on 16x9

I have no experience about tuning, but does it affect tuning the ecu? At my understanding it doesn’t, maybe only nm/hp readings are affected
91F5EEA7-2D5C-4ACA-946B-9AEF5D0176DC.jpeg

It looks like the ABS wheels I have on my Ford Probe with adjustable bolt pattern inserts. If not, I think you can drill them to fit any pattern/diameter with these.
1614458523965.png

The difference in the outside diameter of the larger tires will make a slight change to the final drive gear ratio. Like installing a slightly different size ring and pinion ("crown wheel") in the transmission. That change in gearing will have a very slight effect on the tuning but I don't think enough to matter for a street car like this. It really isn't that critical unless you are building a 100% perfect race setup with a highly modified engine. What you are looking to achieve is making sure the fuel and ignition settings are good so the engine does damage itself and it runs good. Yours has already have the basic tuning done so at this stage those will be small setting changes. There are many other variables that can also affect the tuning a slight amount like that...it really isn't practical to control everything perfectly in the real world. Besides with you having to change wheels/tires every winter for studs, the diameter will likely be different as a result, so in a situation like that there really isn't a right answer...one way or the other there will be some slight compromise. I'd be more concerned if the damage on the car enough to prevent the tuning safely?

It looks like the ABS wheels I have on my Ford Probe with adjustable bolt pattern inserts. If not, I think you can drill them to fit any pattern/diameter with these.
View attachment 43810
Looking closer I see what you mean, it does look like there are inserts in the holes that could be positioned for different bolt patterns. However it also looks like they are positioned for the smallest pattern already, which is still too large.

Back