Griot's Garage Store & Events Center
Tacoma, WA
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Griot's Garage
3333 South 38th Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
(888) 246-2646
(253) 922-2200

Ugly shmugly, I think the point of this type of gathering is that all are welcome. At least I think so, no registration or anything like that. Just a sort of cruise-in.

When we host our FEN All-Italian car show in Issaquah, we make it a point that your car doesn't have to be perfect to be shown. :music:

I'll try to make this one

I might be late. I'll try to shoot for around 1pm. Not sure which car I'll bring. Working on a cooling issue at idle...

I was thinking Sept. 6th...but,

it looks like Aug. 30th is Italian cars also. I have no idea what the car shows are like, but the Sept. 6th - - Italian Theme - - "Cars and Coffee" is bring what you have, even a work in progress. Cars and Coffee is great because they have a theme, Italian, but lots of other types of cars are there. I have yet to be bored at one. I can't make the 30th, but should be able to make the 6th.

Gerald

I will be there:)

However... my super reliable 74 X1/9 has no spark:( ran fine ,driven to where parked. ANY ideas, as I am NOT the best electrical trouble shooter. If I can not figure it out, anyone there can meet and greet me at my blue lowered driver condition Porsche 914 that needs the wheels painted. I would MUCH rather drive my Fiat, So PLEASE start with the suggestions:)

Got a call back from Guy at Griot's today and...

Got a call back from Guy at Griot's today and while you can attend for free, to "show" your car is $10 and includes lunch. Funny how these details are not available on their website.:eek:

Rats, I'm going to have to miss this one, the Sounders have a 1pm kickoff that day and I'm a season ticket holder.

I would have brought the (now award winning, thanks FEN & XXX!) Alfetta GT as the head is still off the X1/9.

more questions ;p

So if it's a show on the 30th I suppose you have to be there before the start time? Because I know I'm going to be late that day.

No project cars due to show?

Sept 6th just a "cars and coffee" so projects ok?

k20?

I have a friend that wants to see a k20, just wondering if it might show up at 9/6 event?

At the 30th show, I guess I would not enter a "project" car unless you wanted a $10 lunch, last time it was sandwiches and potato salad, that kind of thing. You can always attend the show and park your car in the lot not the show field, last year there were a few familiar faces.

Caffeine and Gasoline is bring whatever you like as far as I know.

Update... special car start up...

Another call from Guy to inform me they plan to start up Niki Lauda's F1 car. Should be loud. :eek:mg:

Parking?

So, if we are not showing our car and paying the $10, where do we park? I've been to the store, but have never been on one of their special days.

Parking...

Just attending, you can park in the front lot (west side) etc. The event is held around the grassy area to the north of the building. If it gets crowded, there is street parking on S. Lawrence St. just east of the building.

But when I went last year some folks with Italian cars who weren't showing for a trophy were parked near the grass and some show cars were among them as well. So I would just go in and park east of the grass area that is north of the building. That's what I'll do regardless of whether I enter or not, not sure at this point.

Last year my daughter won a future enthusiast trophy, it was fun.

It says it is a free event.

I got an email about it and it didn't say anything about $10 entry. Anyway, I plan to be there.

Back