Guessing this is the Wheeler Dealers X

Hey Jim. Any chance you may know what year this ad for $14k was originally listed? Although it’s still available to look at (and read about parts updates) I can’t see any reference to the date it was first posted. Thanks.
Barn Finds featured the listing on 8/8/2017, but the car had been for sale for really crazy money (around $19-20K) for at least a year or two prior to that.

Date is at the top of the Barn Finds page.

Barn Finds featured the listing on 8/8/2017, but the car had been for sale for really crazy money (around $19-20K) for at least a year or two prior to that.

Date is at the top of the Barn Finds page.
Wow, so it dropped from $14k to $6500? In a year? And nobody bought it until WD in late 2019. Crazy. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reality (at that time) can be hard to stomach sometimes. :)
That’s why they’re the Wheeler Dealers. $14k to $5.5k hammer. I’d like to know what happened to the extra two sets of wheels and the wooden steering wheel too…

I’d like to know what happened to the extra two sets of wheels and the wooden steering wheel too…
He stripped a bunch of stuff off the car and was listing the parts on ebay (overpricing them by a factor of 5 or more). He still might have the stainless cooling tank for $899 listed. It didn't appear he was in any danger of selling anything, so they still might be somewhere in the Nevada desert.

He stripped a bunch of stuff off the car and was listing the parts on ebay (overpricing them by a factor of 5 or more). He still might have the stainless cooling tank for $899 listed. It didn't appear he was in any danger of selling anything, so they still might be somewhere in the Nevada desert.
Ah, OK. I was thinking the WD folks had stripped and sold the parts like a corporate sell-off. They certainly were mysterious about their claims on parts they purchased, vs. ones already on the car…

That’s why they’re the Wheeler Dealers. $14k to $5.5k hammer. I’d like to know what happened to the extra two sets of wheels and the wooden steering wheel too…

Wooden steering wheel likely went in the trash where it belongs. haha.

I don't think WD paid anywhere near $14k for it.

Ah, OK. I was thinking the WD folks had stripped and sold the parts like a corporate sell-off. They certainly were mysterious about their claims on parts they purchased, vs. ones already on the car…
eBay ad still archived prior to the WD purchase.

IMG_4618.jpeg
IMG_4619.jpeg
IMG_4620.jpeg
IMG_4621.jpeg

Thanks for the screen shots. Of course, eBay ads are long gone, same for Craigslist. But this all gives me a better feeling for tracking what parts went on the car and when :)

Back