Guessing this is the Wheeler Dealers X

Nice find - that little article about ‘two guys on a car show’. hehe. And yes, it does have some rust. lol. Not the unicorn as advertised, but still awfully clean....

To answer everyone's questions about the bumpers on a 1974. I believe the bumpers themselves are identical to the European market cars, but the rubber bumperettes are much larger on the North American cars. Similar to what Triumph did to the 1974 Spitfire.
Here is a great visual comparison...and far from identical.
Euro bumpers extend much farther than the US 74's and the blocks are shaped different.

wheelerdealer_21-1748-1.jpg
euroa.jpg

wheelerdealer_10-1748-1.jpg
eurob.jpg

That’s Ricardo’s yellow X with the California plate 😉
I do have rx1900s euro brackets and the fit is excellent.
Ricardo was the first one to do a bracket fabrication before a few other members made a batch run on Euro and 74s.

check Ricardo projects here:

Oh very familiar with Ricardo's projects. Just didn't recognize it without seeing the CD88s. :)

Are the coolant pipes ‘fed’ through the chamber, or would the chamber need to come off to install these new, stainless cooling pipes?
I took to the bulkhead containing old rusted pipes with an angle grinder, goggles and gloves with car on a hoist. removed old pipes and replaced them with straight stainless steel pipes of similar diameter and lengths. Solved my internal, external water leaks. Front and rear pipes were connected with suitable Greaves hoses and stainless steel clips.
Old leaky over flow bottle was replaced with a new one with a new pressure cap. I suspect original owner failed to run glycol coolant in the system and exacerbated cooling pipe rust problemsm. haven't had leaking coolant again.

Mike Salvador
82 X 1/9
95 Honda Acura VTIr

Looks like Ed China has a new youtube series, needs a bit of polish but good to see him back...

Looks like Ed China has a new youtube series, needs a bit of polish but good to see him back...

Yes, was surprised to see the Mike Brewer and Wheeler Dealer FB pages promoting the show. Hopefully he can find a co-host to do what Brewer did so he can concentrate on being the cool tech we’ve come to know. Or at least have a revolving set of characters on the show to keep it fresh. I always liked Edd’s repair bits, but I‘m not sure he can carry the whole show. Youtube is the right place to start - kinda like the spicey wings show, ‘Hot One’s’, and comedian Lily Singh’s show. Youtube gave them space to be unconventional, then the jump to TV seemed logical...

Reactions: NEG
For anyone who never saw the episode, or who wants to record it, this Thursday, Nov. 11, 5pm & midnight PST on Motortrend TV. Not sure what time it’s airing in other time zones.
Checo your cable listings (as they say) for ‘Wheeler Dealers: Some Like It FIAT’

Here is another screen shot of a past ad on your car when it was for sale at $14K. The listing looks to be exactly what was being posted on Craigslist at the time.

Hey Jim. Any chance you may know what year this ad for $14k was originally listed? Although it’s still available to look at (and read about parts updates) I can’t see any reference to the date it was first posted. Thanks.

That website is one of those ad collector sites. That text was from when it was on eBay, and I also remember seeing it on Craigslist at the time.

I want to say 2018ish.

That website is one of those ad collector sites. That text was from when it was on eBay, and I also remember seeing it on Craigslist at the time.

I want to say 2018ish.
They (WD) bought the car late 2019/early 2020, with Covid shutting down production in Mar. 2020 while in mid-repair. I’m trying to see if the way-back machine can find a dated, Craigslist ad from Nevada.

Back