Guidance for replacing glovebox?

Gary McCormick

True Classic
My old glove box interior was broken, so got a used interior from Matt. Removed the glovebox door, but uncertain how to install new interior and then replace door.

Don’t want to force anything and risk busting plastic.

My search of the Forum came up empty, but maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Gary Mccormick
‘79X
Carlisle, PA

IIRC the glovebox interior on the later cars is simplicity in itself, a molded plastic liner with a fuzzy flocked finish. There are two phillips screws on the "back" panel of the liner (actually toward the front of the car), once they're removed, it should be loose. You may have to do some very minor bending of the lower lip to get it to clear the body of the dash pad.

IIRC the glovebox interior on the later cars is simplicity in itself, a molded plastic liner with a fuzzy flocked finish. There are two phillips screws on the "back" panel of the liner (actually toward the front of the car), once they're removed, it should be loose. You may have to do some very minor bending of the lower lip to get it to clear the body of the dash pad.
Thanks Dan. I got a little resistance when I tried installing new liner, so that’s why I went to the forum braintrust.

I’ll try again

Thanks Dan. I got a little resistance when I tried installing new liner, so that’s why I went to the forum braintrust.

I’ll try again
No problem getting the new glovebox liner in after reading Dan’s advice. A PO had changed the nuts that secure the liner to M6 x 1.00 threads, so had to enlarge the holes in the liner, but after that it was eàsy.

Thanks Dan

Gary

Back