Haz Neuman

kmead

Old enough to know better
F0CB07D6-B1FA-4E75-9CD0-9E2D0921A12F.jpeg

After such an exciting week of Fiat FreakOut, it is with great sadness we announce the passing of our friend Haz Neuman. He had hoped that he would get to FFO last week. He was a lifelong Italian car enthusiast, a steward of the best Fiat X1/9 you’ll ever see, and a show stopping Lombardi (Fiat) Grand Prix. Both cars were consistent award winners. He served on our Board of Directors as well as our VP for a time. Haz was an astronomer and teacher, his intense intellect and curiosity drove his infectious positivity and sense of humor.
His love of Italian cars was shared with his son Matthew Neuman who many of us remember attending events at a very young age.
God speed our friend. There won’t be another like you.

With the award he received at FFO a number of years ago for his lovely red Lombardi.

B5C1E9E1-769A-4C20-8B39-4E19A03EDF7A.jpeg
D73F5D2F-F211-4359-839E-58DF42ECD033.jpeg
3C97D1AA-51E5-483C-8C4B-A4DFCBEF2A88.jpeg

Last edited:
If you had met him you would have found him to be a good teacher, patient, willing to share a great deal of what he knew and quiet but not in a stand offish way.

Sadly his pipe smoking, something he was known for, contributed to his demise.

There is a nice thread on the FCA Facebook page going if you want to read a bit more.

(Edited to remove the reference to another members car which was at FFO and I incorrectly attributed to him, my apologies.).

I have a number of pics of his car at a past FFO to post.

Last edited:
If you had met him you would have found him to be a good teacher, patient, willing to share a great deal of what he knew and quiet but not in a stand offish way.

His Lombardi was at FFO but he couldn’t make the trip.

Sadly his pipe smoking, something he was known for, contributed to his demise.

There is a nice thread on the FCA Facebook page going if you want to read a bit more.
His Lombardi was not at FO. That was Don Meluzio's Otas.

Like me, Haz was a long time Type 1 diabetic, which has the effect of wearing your internals out.

He was a great teacher (also, his profession at some point in his life). He will be missed.

Back