Heater valve?

M. Lawson

True Classic
Anyone in the "somewhat" Seattle local area (I'm in Marysville about 40 minutes north) have a spare working Heater Valve they are willing to part with?

Mine started spewing coolant a few weeks ago and the car has been parked since.

I know I can get one from Midwest Bayless, and I am looking at about $36 bucks for all parts and shipping.

Honestly that isn't that bad... but if I can find a working valve locally for cheaper and just get the new seal and o-ring then why not?

Summer will be on it's way out soon here in Washington, and I don't want to miss out on too much top-off driving :)

I have the old one off of my '81 that I am not using. It is a bit corroded on the outside but it still seems to function ok. Does not appear to leak when I tried blowing through it and I don't recall seeing any leaks before I took the car apart. I also have two new gaskets from MWB. The valve still has the small elbow attached so if you want, I can send it that way and you only need one gasket. If you want to have it without the elbow, I can send both gaskets. I can put it all in the mail tomorrow and you will have it Tuesday. $5 for the valve, $2.79 each for the gaskets (MWB price which is what I paid for them), and $6.80 for priority mail. You can Paypal me rlawtondmd*comcast.net for what you want. Just let me know.

I'll take it! Payment on the way.

Thank you. The elbow attached and a single gasket would be great.

Thank you.

FWIW I had a new valve in hand then the old started working, seemed okay I sold off the new, oops, that dang valve won't close or open all the way via cable and I hate it. You should be as sure as you can it's moving freely before install!

When I was rebuilding my two X1/9 AC heater boxes I wanted to replace both valves with new ones. After much hunting, I found a small supply of Ranco Vintage Universal Heater Control Valves from a supplier in Israel and bought their whole stock (3).

I think the OE valve was a RANCO as well. These are a bit different and require a minor (and easy) modification to the control arm. They have both worked flawlessly for me. I believe I paid $35 a piece for them.

As I said, I've used to and I'm jealously hoarding the third one as a spare. If I had more, I'd be happy to sell you one but I don't.

If you want a new valve, try looking on eBay for the Ranco Vintage.

Ed

Boy.. you are not going to Beleive this but I was just looking at my new company truck 2016 Kenworth t300 (I think is the model number)

And it has a cable operated heater valve. and it sure looks like the throw is about the same.

I will try to remember to take/post a pic of it. If so. it might be a source for this part for our car's.

Hi Ed,

The original valves (at least for non-AC cars) were made by Savara.

I lucked out and bought a NOS one from Australia :) I love the internet!

:)

When I was rebuilding my two X1/9 AC heater boxes I wanted to replace both valves with new ones. After much hunting, I found a small supply of Ranco Vintage Universal Heater Control Valves from a supplier in Israel and bought their whole stock (3).

I think the OE valve was a RANCO as well. These are a bit different and require a minor (and easy) modification to the control arm. They have both worked flawlessly for me. I believe I paid $35 a piece for them.

As I said, I've used to and I'm jealously hoarding the third one as a spare. If I had more, I'd be happy to sell you one but I don't.

If you want a new valve, try looking on eBay for the Ranco Vintage.

Ed

Pics are gone - do you have the part number for reference?

Back