Help needed in Portland OR on Lemons car

Mark Scholz

playswithcars
This plea is going out to all local Fiat enthusiasts in the greater Portland, Oregon area. If you have some time/energy/beer/interest to spare, you are welcome to come watch us build our 24 Hours of Lemons racecar.

The prime workdays will be Friday/Sat/Sun (11/7-9) and Fri/Sat (11/14-15) at a warehouse in NE Portland. After that, there will likely be more work on weekends sorting the details.

I am looking for a second or third set of hands to help while swapping motors, rebuilding a transmission, and freshening up the systems on this car after several years of slumber.

We may also be looking for a few spare parts such as crossmembers, rims, driveshafts, etc. to have as spares for the race weekend in December at Thunderhill.

If you are interested in watching, twisting wrenches, drinking beer, or taking pictures, please call me at 503-703-0618 for directions to the warehouse.

LemonsX progress

Greetings all!
Wow, was it a BUSY weekend! Thanks to the efforts of Mike Richmond and Jerry Boone, great progress was made on both tearing down my white 128 sedan for the "go fast" goodies (on a LOANER basis!) and preparing the LemonsX to receive its fresh pieces. Thanks Mike and Jerry for twisting wrenches and the loan of several new pieces!

Good news! There will soon be a blog and photo site for documenting the build-up of the LemonsX, courtesy of Tom Bennett! Tom is building a website for blogging and pictures which should be live in the next couple of days. Thanks Tom!

Short story: As of today, the LemonsX is ready to begin receiving parts. One engine is almost done, while the second needs the upper end installed. Transmissions still need going through, and I have three to make into two good ones. Parts are on order, will arrive by Friday for engine assembly and transmission teardown/rebuild. Saturday is scheduled for installing the driveline and brake system.

NEXT WORK SESSION: Friday afternoon and evening, and then Saturday all day and night. If you can attend to help, your hands and encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated! I have beer, soda, and water in the fridge at the warehouse!

More to follow later this week!
--Mark

Outstanding!

Sounds like a good time was had by all, wish I was a bit closer. Thank you for sharing this with us and I am very much looking forward to the pics you mentioned as well as the next episode! :)

Mark,

I'll give you a call tomorrow after I charge my phone tonight. I'll be available next weekend to lend a hand as my better half is headed out of town for much of the weekend.

TTYL,
Stefan

Working again this weekend

I will be working again this weekend on the car, and could use some extra hands. There is water, soda, and beer at the warehouse, plus I'm willing to feed my helpers as well!

Friday afternoon and evening (3pm - ???) to tear down and rebuild the transmissions, install the seat, install battery, and other general prep work.

Then Saturday all day (9am-7pm) to install the motor and transmission and hopefully hear it run.

If you are willing to lend a hand, please CALL ME at 503-703-0618 as I will be AWAY FROM EMAIL.
Thanks!

Back