Help with car ID please

I wish I could report that it was an accident. I don't know yet. I will update this thread when I do know.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Prayers for a fast recovery, this kind of thing still makes me emotional at 59, when I was 13 Me and 2 of my friends suffered the fallout of an out of control young driver who lost control of his pickup crossed the center line sideways and wiped all 3 of us out, we were in a driveway on the opposite side of the road from where he should have been, I got the worst of it with a broken Tibia. Back then we didn't have phones to distract us but being stupid crosses generational lines. Please keep us informed on your brothers progress.

Oh and I had just finished building the bike I was on the previous week.... It didn't make it.

What I was told about the incident today:
Driver was a local 16 yr old boy. His parents saw the police FB post and suspected that the damaged Kia Forte in their garage was the car the police were looking for. They turned their kid in. As far as I know the kid claimed he didn't know he hit anyone, besides he was extremely upset because he had just broke up with his girlfriend.
The kid was charged with some serious crimes including leaving the scene (not sure about the others, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be swept under the rug). As the driver is a juvenile it's likely that few more details will be made public. It's impossible at this point to say whether or not he hit my brother on purpose. We may never know.
My brother was released early from the hospital today so he could visit our mom before she dies. (She's in hospice care now. The end is imminent.) He'll be finishing his physical therapy at home and will be fitted for a prosthetic soon. He is in good spirits and a full recovery is anticipated.
Thank you to everyone for their help and well wishes. I think the person who will suffer the most serious long term consequences will be the driver of the Kia.

My brother was released early from the hospital today.... He'll be finishing his physical therapy at home and will be fitted for a prosthetic soon. He is in good spirits and a full recovery is anticipated.
Glad your brother is recovering as well as can be expected. Best wishes for him, your mom, you and your entire family.

Not that it matters, but given those latest details of the incident, if I were to speculate on it, I'd guess the kid may have been distracted by something like his phone and not intentionally trying to hit your brother. 16 y.o., distraught from the breakup, likely texting a friend about it. Who knows. But it seems a bit difficult to believe that he really did not know he had hit something. However at 16 y.o. he must be scared and would say most anything. I know the girl in her early 20's that was distracted and crashed into my block wall claims something suddenly appeared out of nowhere and caused her to swerve, despite several witnesses and all of the evidence saying otherwise.

What I was told about the incident today:
Driver was a local 16 yr old boy. His parents saw the police FB post and suspected that the damaged Kia Forte in their garage was the car the police were looking for. They turned their kid in. As far as I know the kid claimed he didn't know he hit anyone, besides he was extremely upset because he had just broke up with his girlfriend.
The kid was charged with some serious crimes including leaving the scene (not sure about the others, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be swept under the rug). As the driver is a juvenile it's likely that few more details will be made public. It's impossible at this point to say whether or not he hit my brother on purpose. We may never know.
My brother was released early from the hospital today so he could visit our mom before she dies. (She's in hospice care now. The end is imminent.) He'll be finishing his physical therapy at home and will be fitted for a prosthetic soon. He is in good spirits and a full recovery is anticipated.
Thank you to everyone for their help and well wishes. I think the person who will suffer the most serious long term consequences will be the driver of the Kia.
Mike, sorry to hear about the troubles your family has seen lately. Glad to hear your brother is on the mend. I think your attitude about the whole situation is absolutely the correct one, and I agreed that in the end, the kid is probably the most affected one. A messy situation all around. Thoughts and prayers for your family. Take care. Pete.

Back