"Hemi Under Glass"?

FalconStreak217

Daily Driver
Anyone go with the full vent mode for long?
(in the midst of painting:).
X19 Vented.jpg

There are a few people that run with the rain tray removed. The tray serves a purpose, removing it means you need to manage any additional water ingress into the engine bay that the tray would normally handle. The decision really depends on where you live and how you drive and store your X.

More than a year without any problem. It's fine when the car is running. While parking, I want to avoir pouring rain so I put an aluminium foil into the holes if I have to park it outside.

I don't drive my X in rain and if I kept it in my garage I would remove the rain tray. Sadly it's parked at the street quite often and I don't want rain pouring in on my ignition system, dual carbs and generally making a mess. This is further exasperated by parking under trees so get all manner of crud on the engine cover.

So I call it a function of how you drive and where you park. By the way, it's quite easy to reinstall it if you change your mind.

There are a few people that run with the rain tray removed. The tray serves a purpose, removing it means you need to manage any additional water ingress into the engine bay that the tray would normally handle. The decision really depends on where you live and how you drive and store your X.
Yup, makes perfect sense. Mine is lucky being garaged, and not (intentionally) driven in the rain. Sure does cut down on the heat after shutdown!

Mine is lucky being garaged, and not (intentionally) driven in the rain. Sure does cut down on the heat after shutdown!

After a drive, I usually pop the cover after I pull the car in the garage. It does help remove the heat.

Talk about lucky. I found a house with 2 garages and my wife said I could have the lower garage for my Fiats. Her exact quote was "As long as I have a garage to park my car in , you can fill the lower one with Fiats if you want to." I have one spot left to fill. :)
20190831_154223.jpg

I always wondered why builders go through the trouble of drywalling, then mudding and taping garages but don't at least give it a cheap coat of white paint. haha.

That's the way mine was and 25 years later the ceiling started to fall down. As the contractor was having his guys replace the ceiling drywall he explained that without paint or sealer the drywall absorbs moisture and then disintegrates.... Needless to say I painted the new ceiling.

That's the way mine was and 25 years later the ceiling started to fall down. As the contractor was having his guys replace the ceiling drywall he explained that without paint or sealer the drywall absorbs moisture and then disintegrates.... Needless to say I painted the new ceiling.
I keep telling myself to paint it, but never get to it. Both garages are the same, I guess it saves the builders several hundo in paint and labor?

Hey Bjorn I like what you did with your engine cover. Question: why did you put up a png pic? I have never understood why people have or use png images. jpg is the way to go.

Hey Bjorn I like what you did with your engine cover. Question: why did you put up a png pic? I have never understood why people have or use png images. jpg is the way to go.
Thanks, I like the look and it improves the airflow from below a lot.

I always use JPG. I didn't realize it is a PNG, so probably an unintentional mistake.

This looks really nice. I would be reluctant to mess with my original engine cove because they are so hard to find in good condition. I wonder how this might work with the fiberglass reproduction units offered by MWB?

Back