Here is the walkaround and driving video for my BAT auction

Good luck. BaT was very good to me. If you would like to call me and ask what the dealio is with BAT, I have some good info for you (if you have never used them before...). PM me and I will give you my number if interested.

Last edited:
My car will be on BAT soon. Bidders love videos so I made this one.

87 X1/9 Walk Around and Driving

I have shot a few videos and photo shoots for BAT auctions. Bidders do love videos but you should keep them below 3 min. ,1.5 min if it is not edited. If you really feel you need more content, break it up int 2 or 3 short videos. Hand held videos especially vertical phone videos can quickly become nauseating and that is the opposite desired effect you want. If you want to do your own videos with a phone use a cheap stabilizer like a DJI osmo mobile, and always shoot landscape. Look at other videos on BAT for time, content and pacing. @tigeravg's video was perfect.

it's hard to believe that several years ago a consortium of local X owners almost got that car for cheap because it was improperly listed on Craigslist. Too bad the owner figured that out and we were no longer interested when the price got reasonable. Better with Huey doing his stellar resto on it than being another rat for Carl with same tired paint job. Good luck, with the work you did you should get a really nice price for it.

I have shot a few videos and photo shoots for BAT auctions. Bidders do love videos but you should keep them below 3 min. ,1.5 min if it is not edited. If you really feel you need more content, break it up int 2 or 3 short videos. Hand held videos especially vertical phone videos can quickly become nauseating and that is the opposite desired effect you want. If you want to do your own videos with a phone use a cheap stabilizer like a DJI osmo mobile, and always shoot landscape. Look at other videos on BAT for time, content and pacing. @tigeravg's video was perfect.
True. I was advised by a couple production directors, (I often work in sports production) to keep it to 2-3 min., and that was pushing it. I only got away 3+ minutes because I had some action shots. It's an attention span thing. The pics and description on BAT will do most of the heavy lifting. The vid is mostly fluff, to show the obligatory cold start, and to get folks wanting to to have the same kinda fun you are having in the video.

I will shorten it to 3 minutes. I hate selling cars so I always try to be 100% thorough so that the buyer can not come back to me and claim I misled in any way.

Tigeravg did a great job on his entire listing. There was passion in his video and people loved it. You don't have to be that good and still get a nice price for your car but it is worth studying and talking with him privately since he offered. Remember that nobody is going to come back and confront you for not disclosing some minor detail. That's just in your head so get rid of it. BAT people are very reasonable on a sub-20k car, especially a 33 year old Fiat. They just want to hear it cold start and go through the gears without breaking. But a thorough cleaning is a must for top dollar. One of the hardest things when selling anything is to show real enthusiasm for it when it will soon be leaving your ownership. Talk about all the evenings you enjoyed restoring it and how much time and money you spent on the project - again, passion. Let buyers fill in their own blanks on the other stuff. Your car will sell itself. But a passionate driving video never hurts.

I think you can probably shoot a better video if you get the car out of the garage to a more open space and just walk around the car slowly taking video. Its too cramped inside there to show all corners n angles of the car. Try early morning or sunset hrs to shoot the video. Start on the outside move inside the cabin and then front frunk, rear trunk and engine bay....just my 02cents

Good luck on BaT. watching the video now. Speaking of wing tips has anyone made a 3D printed version yet? I dont have a spoiler but it shouldnt be too hard.

Well done! Now you need to recruit the Misses to ride shotgun with camera while you do your finest Nicki Lauda impression behind the wheel.

That is great now. Shows how clean the car is. I would suggest you do a cold start video and a bit of driving as others have suggested with a passenger doing the recording, or use a phone mount. I have to say the car shows really, really well in your new video. Good Job. Now I wish I had bought it when you had it for sale before. GLWTA

Looks great! Love the red carpet!! I agree with the others regarding cold start and driving videos. Be available to answer bidder’s questions and you will do very well! IMHO
Livio

I say this with a screen writer and documentary film maker in the family. Slow down your movement, become more fluid. Lower your shooting angle, shoot from an almost waist level. And absolutely (he always screams at me for this one): don't shoot in portrait ever!! Our computers are 'landscape', as are our TVs and movie theatre screens and other visual screens projecting data and information.

Back