HISTORICAL FIAT BIOGRAPHY INFORMATION REQUESTED - FAZA PBS COSENTINO ADAMS

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
Image (60).jpg

As I began reading the post I was going to mention Clark's son (Tom) is a really nice guy and would love to participate...then as I continued reading I see he is already in the loop. I know he has a lot of stuff from both of the pricincle people involved. Is Fiona Tom's sister (Clark's daughter)? I met the sister when I visited Tom a couple years ago but did not catch her name.

As I began reading the post I was going to mention Clark's son (Tom) is a really nice guy and would love to participate...then as I continued reading I see he is already in the loop. I know he has a lot of stuff from both of the pricincle people involved. Is Fiona Tom's sister (Clark's daughter)? I met the sister when I visited Tom a couple years ago but did not catch her name.
Hi Jeff, I don't know if Fiona is Tom's sister. I'll be going there soon and will know shortly.

I've been asked to possibly participate in some manner. I'll know more next week after I visit. At this point in time I'm just trying to support what looks like a good cause.

Sounds like an interesting project. I have the impression you are good at digging up historical information; like finding the entire background on the PBS engine, and the family ties to the rare vintage BMW. Hopefully this project is something you'd enjoy doing. ;)

Should be a great read when done, I look forward to it. I've got parts from both of them on my 850. The PBS built 124B/1600/128 shortblock is still running strong.

Hi all, I'm the Rory referenced and an active member here with my Scorpion refurbishment. Fiona is Tom's partner, essentially his wife. She has been instrumental in nursing Tom back to health and also helping Fumiko with her various challenges. Tom and Fiona are both wonderful people who are just trying to keep a little Fiat and Abarth history alive, as am I. Feel free to PM with any questions, etc.

I had some very good experiences with Paul and Clark from PBS, and wouldn't have been able to build both my Abarths back in the day without them. was sad to hear they had both passed, especially Clark as it was not from old age. I had multiple interactions with Cosentino over the years as well (as a Fiat and Abarth owner, how could i not?) Have to say, the time I had dealings with him in the early 1990's were not that great of an experience. he misrepresented parts he sold me badly multiple times, and was very hard to deal with on the phone. I did get some hard to obtain parts from him no one else had, so I put up with him. he also required you to send cash in an envelope ahead of the purchase, so you had little recourse when he ripped you off. Road and Track did an article about him a few years ago, and it jived with much of what i heard about him second hand and from my personal experiences with him. https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...of-faza-the-worlds-most-bizarre-abarth-tuner/

That is the one and only original Abarth X1/9 Stradale, beautifully restored. Privately owned and photographed at a car show. I believe it will be featured in a magazine article and a video before too long.

Sorry !
Just not being use to having car shows in the dry in the UK . Were you also at the show ? . If so did you see anything to back up that it was on Cosentino list of ownership .

No, I didn't get to the show in Melbourne, but it's been extensively written about. This is the red Abarth seen on a FAZA catalogue front page, Al had it repainted from it's original yellow. There is an old photo in it's original colour in Italy. And a pic of the info sheet from the show.
72128278_10158383043459714_4840253363192856576_n.jpg

Attachments

• 72426713_10212676846435893_2670702615607640064_n.jpg
    72426713_10212676846435893_2670702615607640064_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
So would it be worth more if it had been "conserved" instead of "restored", having only 1000km?

Good question. I don't know what state it was in, depends how it was stored I guess. But it has now been returned to it's original Abarth colour from the red that FAZA painted it.

Last edited:
Just stumbled upon this thread. Did this book ever happen? Clark was a great guy. He used to let me come in to PBS after hours and use the sandblaster etc. We also shared an interest in R/C models and it was fun to chat in the back room where he had all his aircraft and talk about our latest projects.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Did this book ever happen? Clark was a great guy. He used to let me come in to PBS after hours and use the sandblaster etc. We also shared an interest in R/C models and it was fun to chat in the back room where he had all his aircraft and talk about our latest projects.
I don't know about the book, sorry. But when I visited Clark's son Tom a few years back I saw a lot of his dad's RC stuff. Very cool. I've never been into RC's but after seeing those examples in person I can see why it could be addicting.

I don't know if you got to see any of the cars as well but PBS also competed in R/C car racing with their own design. One day when I was visiting the shop Clark showed me the dyno he built to test engine mods for their 1/4 scale R/C racecar. Really cool and my guess is got use for the Whizzer engine development as well.

I don't know if you got to see any of the cars as well but PBS also competed in R/C car racing with their own design. One day when I was visiting the shop Clark showed me the dyno he built to test engine mods for their 1/4 scale R/C racecar. Really cool and my guess is got use for the Whizzer engine development as well.
Yes, I recall a replica of something like the GT sports racers from many years ago. Can't recall if the livery was Nissan, Mazda, or ??? Kind of like one of these:
nissan-gtp-zx-turbi-.jpg
Mazda-at-Monterey-Motorsports-Reunion-09.jpg

Back