Holy crap. 85 X1/9 with 6700 miles

That is my absolute favorite paint scheme on the later cars. I. WANT. THIS. The problem is, well $38k. I also would find it hard to drive the car with that low miles. I know, dumb. I'd jump on it right now if it had 40k miles and was $15k.....

I looked at it briefly at the MWB open house last month. I didn't notice the odometer. That's some low mileage.

This car may just sell for that. And even when the bubble bursts, it will be adjusted upwards, and our cars will be bringing quite a bit more on the average.

I can’t believe how clean all of the traditional “dirty” areas of the car are in those pictures. Reminds me of the car my mother bought when I was a kid. 15 miles on it when she brought it home.

Being a Bertone, NOT a FIAT, what’s the biggest difference in manufacturing, quality, etc. Where can one get a set of lift pucks like this - for Porsche’s?

Allowing for inflation since 1986, and if you could buy it new now; the bottom line would be $25,829.54.
I'm not sure just how relevant this is, but I think we are seeing a coming out for our cars.

There was that '82 VS with red leather on BAT with 9K miles that sold for $29,000.

Last edited:
Bought a nearly-identical '86, new old stock, in '88 - for $9K. Even allowing for inflation and relative scarcity now, the price seems high to me.

Wow, that's a frickin' time machine for sure.

I'll never understand how a car, a COOL car like an X1/9 for that matter, can be even a year old and have less than 7,000 miles on it (unless it is your 5th cool car and you are a Wall Street baller with no time to drive or something) so, yeah... this is a true unicorn car.

I'm guessing it'll go for $30k unless some collector that just really needs an 80's Bertone X1/9 in his/her stable to complete a collection comes around which might push this one up higher. You'll likely not see one like this again unless you got a time machine to go back to the 1980's.

Wow, that's a frickin' time machine for sure.

I'll never understand how a car, a COOL car like an X1/9 for that matter, can be even a year old and have less than 7,000 miles on it (unless it is your 5th cool car and you are a Wall Street baller with no time to drive or something) so, yeah... this is a true unicorn car.

I'm guessing it'll go for $30k unless some collector that just really needs an 80's Bertone X1/9 in his/her stable to complete a collection comes around which might push this one up higher. You'll likely not see one like this again unless you got a time machine to go back to the 1980's.
If only Zemeckis used an Exxe instead of a DeLorean….

Dam this is almost as clean as my 2000 Audi TT Quattro I ordered in '99 before they came to America.

Hopefully the new owner will keep it out of the rain or snow and never park it under a tree!

Back