How do you describe Lancia to someone?

RallyLanciaWannabe

Daily Driver
What is that?
Oh nice Is that a Scirocco?
How do you explain Lancia to someone who never heard of it? I usually say it’s in between a Fiat and Ferrari……. If Fiat is Italian GM and Fiat is Chevrolet then Lancia is like Pontiac or Buick.
how do you guys explain “Lancia” to people.

Every car is a Lancia including the woody wagon. Both Formula cars are Lancia powered.

In every major concours I’ve attended where Lancia was the featured marque, the only thing there that was rally related was me.

Last edited:
In the 1980s when I got my Scorpion, a neighbor down the street had a Delorean. I once heard kids on bikes riding by commenting on the Delorean and then when they rode by my house they claimed, 'Wow look, a little one!'

Also, in the 1980s I tried to get a 4-wheel alignment (not a common thing in a small town back then) and they looked it up in the book and said the closest they had was a "[Mitsubishi] Lancer"

they looked it up in the book and said the closest they had was a "[Mitsubishi] Lancer"

Lancia = Lancer if you are in BFE. X19 specifications every where else.

Certain Mitsubishi Galant turn signals fit in Montecarlo front bumpers.

90C72343-389B-431B-9385-B0664EBEBF52.jpeg

I got to race in Lancer Evos back in the day. Great cars.
5CED7428-A435-4478-952B-0D4C498DAC4A.jpeg

119B8A03-25B5-40C0-9EEC-D90BE77741F5.jpeg

Once my boss gave me an assignment to pick up an EvoVI and drive Minnesota to Seattle in 18 hours. RHD gray market before legally imported to N America on another cars plates and gravel rally tires with instructions not to get pulled over. Was hauling.

Still have this RHD one to play with.
A28A0311-EBED-4CF6-AFDF-45AD60C2C5B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back