How loud is Alison's Hushpower w/cat?

ecohen2

True Classic
Has anyone installed the Alison Hushpower with catalytic converter setup? I found their video but can't tell how loud it is compared to the stock and if it drones on the highway...

Thanks,
Ed

Don't know how loud their "Hushpower" is......but they DID build us a custom unit that has an outlet on each side of the car when mounted. I had told them that we didn't want a "drone" or for it to be too loud (my days with loud pipes are long gone), so they may have used something other than their "Hushpower" unit, I don't know. We purchased the whole system, header, cat, and muffler, and they ceramic coated the whole system. Unfortunately, our "X" isn't running yet, so I can't tell you how loud it is, but Greg at Allison's should be able to help you. They may even weld one up for you with a muffler of your choice. We found him pleasant to work with. We even gave them the "spread" for the 2 outlets and they matched it.

Thanks! I asked a question on their website, but I think I am going to have to call. I am limited on what I can do because of the Corsa bodykit, one outlet on the passenger side... They offer two setups, one is the Incinerator or something like that, which I assume is loud. The Hushpower looks like it has more baffles and has a nice sound to it on youtube, but who knows...

Ill give them a buzz this week...

Ed

I did the custom system a few years back - in fact the dual outlet system is what they fabricated for me, the original muffler was crazy loud -, there are not a lot of options out there for a transverse muffler . A few guys have used a Camaro muffler.
I swapped out the Allsion unit for a SS Magnaflow -prior to driving 7 8 hours to Pittsburgh for the FFO two years ago , not sure of model # I can check if anyone wants to know,
It cut done on the volume and drone I would say maybe 20-30 % - I still sound like a monster with the revs up - you can play with the throttle to find a decent sweet spot but as soon as you tap the go pedal the decibels rise accordingly - I was looking into resonator tips (Hedman17122) but didn't pull the trigger yet
just noticed an oil leak and a coolant leak - time for spring maintenance - plus I still haven't installed the new fuel tank and beautiful steel braided vent kit I got from Matt last year.

Good luck love to know how it turns out but be ware that Allison system is LOUD !!!

Hey Ed did you ever purchase the hushpower system? I called Mark today and asked if he could rework my prior Allison's Exhaust (Cat + Turbo Tube) to quiet it down a bit. I've been running it for 3 years now and some might like it but too loud for me. Friends and family can hear me coming a block before I arrive and discussion inside at highway speeds is very difficult. Mark suggested the HP-2 he's now using is significantly quieter than the turbo-tube and I may send him my exhaust for re-work. He might also add a tip-resonator to further settle things down for me.

He apparently used a larger option in the past but said most people don't like it because it hangs-down below the rear-valence, and it's only a slightly quieter than the HP-2.

Anyhow -- pls chime-in if you have experience with a CAT + HP-2 setup on the Allison's header...

Back