How many miles did you drive your 850 in 2019? / 2020!

flaviaman

True Classic
2DB3D9DA-4046-4436-A332-014CF40C61F0.jpeg
Just curious how much these cars get used....742 for the year on my Coupe as of this morning.

Last edited:
Sadly since I didn’t get the front end rebuilt only around 75 miles. Normally I drive it a good bit more.

The kingpins on mine are completely perished and I haven’t taken it to pieces to send out the carriers to be rebuilt. That along with replacing al the rubber bits as they are all 1969 OE and quite knackered.

It’s main trip was across town to display at the yearly get together for the Grand Rapids Metro Cruise with the Alfa and Fiat clubs. Hopefully I will do better in 2020.

31 total miles on my '67 H-production street conversion since getting it on the road around October. About 5 miles before I realized the scrubbing sound from the tires was from the welded/locked rear end and not wheel well clearance. Then about another 5 miles with the replacement transaxle howling before pulling/replacing it. About 10 miles into that I decided a 292 degree 110 degree overlap camshaft was a bit much for street use. Swapping it was straight forward but I apparently cooked the pressure plate getting up my 10 degree driveway with the old zero torque (below 5,000 RPM) camshaft. Looking forward to replacing the clutch/PP this weekend.....then it will go for paint!
DSCI1251.JPG
DSCI1250.JPG

31 total miles on my '67 H-production street conversion since getting it on the road around October. About 5 miles before I realized the scrubbing sound from the tires was from the welded/locked rear end and not wheel well clearance. Then about another 5 miles with the replacement transaxle howling before pulling/replacing it. About 10 miles into that I decided a 292 degree 110 degree overlap camshaft was a bit much for street use. Swapping it was straight forward but I apparently cooked the pressure plate getting up my 10 degree driveway with the old zero torque (below 5,000 RPM) camshaft. Looking forward to replacing the clutch/PP this weekend.....then it will go for paint!View attachment 28277 View attachment 28278
Frank
Sometime when your car is outside do mind taking a few shots especially side view? I’m most interested in you windshield solution as I may do that on my outlaw spider.

Frank
Sometime when your car is outside do mind taking a few shots especially side view? I’m most interested in you windshield solution as I may do that on my outlaw spider.
I've taken pics of the entire process except for the post cutting as it arrived that way. Raw ends of posts were capped and threaded holes used to secure mirrors, template was made of paper, Masonite, and finally plexiglass. I'll also show where I messed up! Same goes for the substitute headlight buckets. The original glass ones are in the sock drawer! This is my 4th 1967 Spider so it's becoming routine except the used parts supply being a little less reliable than it was 30 years ago. Will post articles but nowhere near as prolific as Daniel Gibson!

I've taken pics of the entire process except for the post cutting as it arrived that way. Raw ends of posts were capped and threaded holes used to secure mirrors, template was made of paper, Masonite, and finally plexiglass. I'll also show where I messed up! Same goes for the substitute headlight buckets. The original glass ones are in the sock drawer! This is my 4th 1967 Spider so it's becoming routine except the used parts supply being a little less reliable than it was 30 years ago. Will post articles but nowhere near as prolific as Daniel Gibson!
Yeah, I have been somewhat out of control!

Thanks for your feedback, I started the clocking running this new decade with 17 miles, primarily errands on a drizzly Oregon day. Wish it had a Heated Rear Backlight however asView attachment 28296 best as I can tell this option was never offered....
Hi,
Is the Café located about 45 minutes north of Eugene Oregon? A little east of I-2 if memory serves. I'm positive I've had lunch/dinner there about 10 years ago.

Back