How much space in an 850 Coupe...

flaviaman

True Classic
Two bags of potting soil this afternoon...
429EFCCB-1F36-45E7-83F9-C1E037A5A82F.jpeg

Figures, Oregon Pot Head bragging.
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up some misconceptions about "Oregon Potheads." I lived in Oregon between 2000 and 2013 as a Gentleman of leisure. That means retired and at loose ends while wife and daughter played with show horses. As a retired sheet metal shop owner and credentialed teacher I was able to get a job with the state as a "technical advocation provider." That means I taught night school to HVAC/sheet metal apprentices. I designed the program and most of the materials used. Word slowly circulated that I was "open minded" and I was approached about doing some heat load calculations (Federal Manual J), electrical load calculations, electrical system evaluations, exhaust fan CFM calculations, HVAC unit recomendations and building modifications required for "indoor gardens." Paid in $100 bills. Lots of them. Was this criminal activity!!!!NO, NO, NO. In Oregon (laws may have changed) an individual can, for personal use, possess and grow 8 or 10 Marijuana plants with a special permit. These permits may be transferred to a "larger" group who will "grow and process" your weed. It's not unknown to have 50 U of O students assign their "permits" to a co-op. You now need about a 5,000 sq ft building, 400 amp electrical service, 8 tons AC and heat, multiple exhaust fans, air scrubbers (so as to not offend the general public, and all sorts of timers and wiring. You will have to set up a clone room, intermediate grow room, and main grow room. In Real Estate they say the most important thing is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. The most popular locations were in small communites devastated by logging restrictions. Remember the "spotted Owl? Find one next to the Police Department and you're safe! There's almost always several stores/warehouses vacant because of our fine feathered friend. Did I mention commodity manipulation but that's another story. So now that you know what you need and where you've got maybe $30,000 cash invested with nothing but an empty building. So you "start" your operation with cuttings (cloning) and go from there. After about 4 months you have your first crop!!! That's if you don't have any problems. One 5
$5 timer failure can cut off an exhaust fan for five 1000 watt lights in the main room. In an hour 15 plants are toasted! Then there's mites which can destroy the value of a crop at a dispensery buyer. Do I plant "Fat Don or whatever the latest one is? Wrong choice can cut profit 30%. Then there's the $2,000 a month electric bill, hired help, overhead, unexpected expenses, you name it! You are a businessman (or woman) and actually a FARMER! Have you ever noticed that there are less surviving farmers every year? It's NOT AT ALL "FUN AND GAMES." BTW "potheads" are VERY SEPERATE and different than "TWEEKERS" that I've met. Many made candy as an added product line. It was made during the rare "off" times. Try making taffey some day. Not so easy! One Garden client had a BA Degree in biological Sciences specifically for grow garden purposes. All of the growers I met were hard working, honest, and quite intelligent They were farmers in it for the long haul. Some never used their product, most did and still functioned? Tweekers as a rule are lowlife trash who steal everything not nailed down. I have bad lungs in case you're wondering about my smoking habits! Just a bit of Oregon lore.....
!

Recreational growing allowed here now, individuals can have 4 plants; $60 for soil and fertilizer, can easily grow enough to last until next season.

I've always loved the 850 coupe. Now that we know there's good trunk room, how about leg and headroom? I'm 6'2".

I've never been in an 850 Coupe (never even seen one live!) but if the interior is like my 850 Spider's, I'd expect plenty of legroom but probably tight on the headroom.

I've always loved the 850 coupe. Now that we know there's good trunk room, how about leg and headroom? I'm 6'2".
6'2" might be tight on headroom. My car has the race seat set about 2 inches lower than stock and there is heaps of headroom. But there is only room for one seat and that is tilted inwards slightly and skewered a bit towards the foot pedals so the door will close. Of course,
Penrose dyno 1.jpg
when I first bought the car in 1970 my wife and I and our luggage and two red setters used to cross the Southern half of Australia twice a year!

Back