How Tiny is the X1/9 in todays World?

Eugene Harvey

True Classic
Went to the Supermarket today in the X (Sun was shining as it's only allowed out on sunny days) and when I came back a Hyundai x35 (small SUV) was parked next to my tiny car and dwarfed it! Took a photo with my phone, but stood too close and wide-angle flattered the poor tiny X. So took some other shots later on. Poor little X doesn't even come up to the window line.
I'm sure those of you in the US will be able to do a lot better with the mega SUV's and Sports Utilities!
Tiny2.JPG
Tiny1.JPG

Oh, by the way, here is the original photo which makes the X look huge. Trick photography when you consider that the front of each vehicle is actually in-line.

TinyFake.JPG

The roof of my X barely reaches the window of my Ford Ranger and the handlebars of my motorcycle. Kind of unnerving if you think about it.

Even next to a Smart car, an X looks tiny, especially if it has been lowered a bunch.

Went to the Supermarket today in the X (Sun was shining as it's only allowed out on sunny days) and when I came back a Hyundai x35 (small SUV) was parked next to my tiny car and dwarfed it! Took a photo with my phone, but stood too close and wide-angle flattered the poor tiny X. So took some other shots later on. Poor little X doesn't even come up to the window line.
I'm sure those of you in the US will be able to do a lot better with the mega SUV's and Sports Utilities!
View attachment 17017 View attachment 17018

When the new Mini first came out, their original ad campaign was as the 'anti SUV'. Soon dropped as I guess they decided they didn't want to challenge the prevailing size anxiety after all....

You want small, try an MG Midget. You can almost drag your fingers on the ground when you are sitting in it. My step-brother has one and I rode in it recently.

You can almost drag your fingers on the ground when you are sitting in it.
Have a go sitting in the X. I'm only 5'10" and sitting in the drivers seat I can open the door and barely bending forward touch the tarmac. That's in a stock standard X. I'd bet any of the lowered X's would be able to do it without moving!

Back