I did it, I bought it.

Jose,

It sounds mahvelous dahling!!!!! I think you're gonna be one happy camper.

BTW, I'm going to also post on the events forum a Palos Verdes cars & coffee. My wife got the info from an old guy she knows at the gym. They hold it the first Saturday of every month....this coming saturday is the first Sat........And this month is featuring Italian cars.

Time is 7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. at the Peninsula Shopping Center at Hawthorne Blvd. & Silver Spur, near the Rite Aid between premier Bank and Starbucks. Although it's free and for seniors (55+), we could get you an "honorary senior card" or "senior in training" badge.

I'm going to check it out.

PM me if you want to hook up and cruise around PV after the event.

Mike

Sounds great! What's up with the white/blue exhaust smoke, though? Was it just a cold motor or are you consuming oil?

Looks like the header is a breeze to install on non-AC cars - you have all kinds of room to manoeuvre it into place :)

Man, I just love it. So well crafted. Sounds great. I have the old Bayless one. People comment mine sounds like a lawnmower.

Installation was a pain in the butt. The flange was too big in some areas, and I had to shave it down quite a bit.

Other than that, it went in easy. The system is louder than I thought. Way too loud, but I did ask for a baby Ferrari sound, so I guess that was my doing.

I have the same system on my car except with the Insynerator Bullit muffler. Also way too loud. It does sound good at high 5000+ RPMs, but the freeway sound is a very loud low-frequency drone (ask Tim what his opinion of it was). After I get a few other things sorted on the car, going to look at putting in a different muffler. I don't mind a nice loud exhaust, but this is just way too much.

Wonder if any others have thoughts on mufflers which have a good sound but aren't going to make you deaf! :wacko:

Cold engine.

That was the very first start after putting everything back together. That's when I noticed my fuel rail sprung a huge leak. No worries. Already fixed. And yes, not having the AC compressor opens up the engine bay by a lot. Plus, I have the best AC in the world…two windows down and no roof.

I'd love to put another muffler on it, but I'd feel bad if I touch all that hard work. I'll probably take it to Mark and ask if he can swap it out.

I'd love to put another muffler on it, but I'd feel bad if I touch all that hard work. I'll probably take it to Mark and ask if he can swap it out.

I don't think a new muffler can simply be swapped out. Have to cut off the one on there and weld in a new one. Like to hear what you go with, as I'll soon do the same.

Hence, the "I don't want to touch that hard work". I know cutting will be involved, and I'd feel bad if the polished finish is ruined.

Back