I don't want to be a "?" anymore

I have four millennial children, my IT team.
If you don't mind adding one more IT person to your team I can offer a free brief consult to guide you to set up an avatar. I promise not to do it for you, but to guide your steps instead, and see where it's not working for you. (I have a technical curiosity about that, too.) If you're interested just say so here and I'll send a PM (Private Message) to you with my phone number and a link to my tiny HelpDesk(Hans) program. That will let me remotely control your machine, but only with your permission. HelpDesk(Hans) generates a new 4-digit password every time it runs, and you'll need to tell me that password before I can remotely control your computer.
~ Hans

Thanks Hans, let's see what my worthless millennial children can do first. My oldest daughter is actually pretty good at leading me through the dark dangerous forest of computer stuff.

Thanks Hans, let's see what my worthless millennial children can do first. My oldest daughter is actually pretty good at leading me through the dark dangerous forest of computer stuff.
Hello Carl,
As you wish, but I must confess to having a technical curiosity of what's blocking the process for you, and would have a few minutes to spare right now if you want to take me up on the offer. I'm confident you could have an avatar of your choosing within a few of minutes of work with a bit of remote assistance from a pro.

EDIT: And you don't have to worry about my help being free. I do derive inspiration from the work that you share on XWeb, such as the recent nose-job! (I'm about to do some exercising, and then grab a late lunch, so if you do accept my offer the actual work will be delayed a tiny bit.)
~ Hans

Last edited:
There are no stupid questions. Only 26 -- I mean 27 -- responses, and counting. (I was tempted to write "stupid responses" but didn't want to appear too judgemental.) :D

As a first line supervisor at a government agency for 20 years and the father of four kids I am fairly used to stupid questions and dumb answers.

Back