i guess ill call it project hell

Discussion in 'Workshop Forum' started by sub-zeroil, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

i got few more if you want to buy ;)

2. Rodger

Rodger True Classic

Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the special Xweb discount price? :rolleyes:

3. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

send me pm

4. darwoodious

darwoodious Darin Nelson

interesting... 1) is it titanium? 2)does it have the 4 inlet ports? Saw those but also some others that look similar with two. The 4 port inlet ones look to have a valve and split right after the cat that directs the exhaust into a proper muffler. guessing the bypass mode is for track or race mode.
    tag_gt3rs_akra-11.jpg DSC00513-photo-thumb1.jpg

you should go for it Rodger.

Rodger likes this.
  5. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

4 ports are for street cars , 2 ports are gt3rs cup race cars , they are titanium.

6. AKimball92

AKimball92 True Classic

has anyone made an exhaust mode valve for the x1/9? I know we have quite a few engineers in this forum and many very smart Electrical gurus who could easily pull this off if it has a benefit.

7. Dallarax19

Dallarax19 Builder -Dallara Replica

I like the color. What is the tire make and profile 275/??? R15? I know there are Hoosiers in low profile 275 R15s but I didn't think they looked like what you have pictured.

8. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

on one side i have 245 , and 275 on the next , i was testing few sets when i built it to see what fit better ,

anyhow today i was welding some stuff on the cage , and started taking the swap out from the civic until the wife told me to go back home . o_O

mkmini likes this.
  9. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

IMG_1808.jpg
    engine out of the civic , its hot as hell today need to clean and push that civic out of my life !

mkmini likes this.
  10. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

IMG_1809.jpg
    i had to test fit the turbo manifold to see how it looks , tomrw ill start cleaning all the jb weld that the kid put all over!

mkmini and kmead like this.
  11. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

so today was extra hot but at list i pushed out the civic , started cleaning the tranny just to find out it cracked up and jb weld all over the outer case ,i had to get new case IMG_1813.jpg IMG_1814.jpg

mkmini likes this.
  12. kmead

kmead True Classic

JB Weld the universal repair solution. Of course you fix a transmission case with an epoxy.

Amazing. Sorry.

mkmini likes this.
  13. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

in today hell , opened the jb weld tranny case was crack , its was no fun with this heat . IMG_1823.jpg
    i put new case now just needs to clean . IMG_1821.jpg IMG_1824.jpg

lookforjoe and kmead like this.
  14. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

so when i built the mounts i had k24 and i built everything around it , now i have full k20z3 swap and the mounts are different i cant even take the old mounts

the oil pan is much bigger not even type s will fit , so before you do k swap ! z3 is complete different

today i put the engine inside trying to see what the hell im doing with the turbo set up , what a great day :( IMG_1851.jpg

mkmini likes this.
  15. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

so after few long hours the engine sitting ,still need to change few motor mounts but overall looking good , 2 weeks progress . 38844012_10156485290314454_928709372643639296_n.jpg

mkmini, kmead and Brayden_connolly like this.
  16. Tom Ginefra

Tom Ginefra Daily Driver

'This looks fantastic and I can't believe how quickly you're making progress through what is obviously a complex build.
    The roof no longer looks to be a targa. Did you remake it out of sheetmetal or just fix the old roof in place and mold it into the body?
    Can't wait to see what this beast does when you're finished.

17. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

the roof is fiberglass when i got the body kit i ordered it with the roof and molded it in.

18. Tom Ginefra

Tom Ginefra Daily Driver

Don't know if it's just the optics, but it looks like it's slightly thinner than the targa. Definitely an improvement in the overall profile. Especially with the body kit! I'm not a fan of "every" Dallara kit that's out there, but I'm definitely digging this. Great job!

sub-zeroil likes this.
  19. Rodger

Rodger True Classic

I’m curious as to why you didn’t stay with a K24?

20. sub-zeroil

sub-zeroil True Classic

i have fully built head , but i didn't finish thek 24 block so me been lazy got one more swap to drop in .