I wonder what happened to my '75

Huey

True Classic
I had a '75 X1/9 for a while in high school. If memory serves, I bought it in '85 and sold it in '86 or '87. The car was originally brown but painted orange when I bought it (someone had done a reasonable job and painted the trunk, door jambs, etc.) But the paint was faded and I repainted it a metallic red.

I remember doing some patch work on the floors but being young and inexperienced, I didn't do a very good job. I used a rivet gun and a lot of undercoating :)

The guy I sold it to drove it for a while and then I think he abandoned it at the coliseum (we lived in Morgantown, West Virginia at the time) because I would see it sit in the same parking space for many months and then it disappeared.

I really wish I had kept a record of the VIN because I often wonder what ever became of it. The car was in reasonably good shape so it may still be out there somewhere.

Would your DMV data base have info on the car and give you the vin number? Also your auto insurance company might still have records that at least you could get the vin off of.

Yeah I thought of that. I was on my parents' insurance plan back then and I asked my mom if she could see if they still have records.

Back