Il Mela Verde

sdlsaginaw

Steven Lawson
She's been siting on the lift, avoiding mice, for 2 years or more now. Earlier this month I exchanged the gas and she fired up with a little cranking. As a reward I pumped up the tires (all exactly 5 psi low) and cleaned her up.

Yesterday I decided, instead of the motorcycle, I'll get her out on the road for lunch. I moved the stuff blocking her in, unhooked the battery tender, stowed the roof, closed all the hoods, and got her off the lift (a fair bit of effort since she's lower than the lift arms).

Crank, crank, crank. Nothing. Try again. Crank, crank, crank. Nothing. Then I notice none of my lights/gauges are on. Some flicks of the key and they start coming on more and more, bullet fuses probably corroded, Time to locate that Lada blade fuse holder I bought her years ago.

Alternator light on. That's typical, just a little rev. Hmm, still on. Rev, rev, rev. Uh-oh. Yes, belt is still there and turning. Rev, rev, rev. Ah, went off. Stop engine, start engine, rev, goes off. Sweet.

Put it in reverse, unstick the brake pads rusted to the rotors, push in the clutch, Um, we stopped a bit abruptly. Run it forward, run it backward, repeat.

Still dragging. Shut it off, cuss a little (or a lot), and hop on the motorcycle for what's left of lunchtime.

It's back up on the lift with all tires/brakes removed. Driver rear is locked up. It doesn't appear to be collapsed hose. This weekend will be maintenance on the 3 working brakes, head scratching on the nonworking one, and figuring out what I did with that Lada fuse holder.

Ah the joys of resuscitating a "mostly reliable" four-wheeled toy that's had to compete (unsuccessfully) for summer weather with (now two) completely reliable two-wheeled toys.

You could just rid of those horrible two wheeled toys and make this completely reliable. It’s possible.

Or sell that nasty green four wheeled abomination and keep the way more fun two wheeled toys.

My wife was more scared in the X than on her motorcycle or the back of mine. I was not driving quickly either, she just felt like she was at tire height of all the other cars!

My wife was more scared in the X than on her motorcycle or the back of mine. I was not driving quickly either, she just felt like she was at tire height of all the other cars!
My wife complained every time I wanted to take the X, until I decided to get my motorcycle endorsement back. Suddenly the X was a nice car. 🙄

First I got a Sportster, then traded it in on a new Dyna Wide Glide. Love that bike. Dad moved in with us and started riding on the Dyna with me. We really didn’t fit, so I added a used Road Glide Ultra. It’s a beast but I’m starting to get used to it. First multi-day ride on it will be next month.

Well, damn. I thought I bought the Lada blade fuse holder but apparently I never pulled the trigger. I ordered it this time and it’s a 1-2 month ride from Ukraine now. Time to do some work on the bullet fuses until the Lada unit arrives.

Anyone who lets their Fiat sit for two years is going to suffer a lot as these cars get really jealous and will make you suffer big time.
My brother sold his really nice Miata RF after realizing he felt bad because he was no longer riding his motorcycle.
I'm sure if you left your bike sitting for two years unused it would not spring to life and run wonderfully either.

Back