In memory of our founder, Ian "Mac" McIntosh

stunned...

I am at a complete loss for words other than to express my condolences for his family... Rest in Peace Mac.

T

man, that sucks... I been on and off this forum for about 5 years, I used to post as 'Bladelawless' and I am just reading about this now, Mac will be missed and I am sorry for your loss...

Cut'npaste from Mac's Memorial Guestbook...

...I figured the tributes written about Mac
(currently hosted off Xweb) should be preserved on Xweb.
Xweb folk may not have seen recent tribute from Vicki
(leader of Mom/Leslie & Aunt Penny's band, "Vicki and The Rest")

Date: 1/7/2011 10:05:34 AM
Message: Everyone knows thaat words do not express love like our heart feels. I've known you since you were 14 and i waas 16. Having the first all-girl rock and roll band in the early 60's gave us so much fun and closeness few ever get to feel. Ive read what the others have said about your son even though I've only seen him 3 times. Through pictures ,cards, and letters you kept me infoemed of what a kind,good,smart person he was. Living in Ohio and you in Washington kept us from knowing each other's children. It does make me sad. Please focus and honor all the wonderful moments he left here for everyone to enjoy. Stay proud of him and know he is happy now too. You have always been a close sister-friend of mine. Like your son did for others,the laughter and meaningful joy you have brought to me, I wouldn't trade our memories for the world. You are and have been one of a kind. I also think the world of your family. I miss them. Since I'm also close to Penny, my heart cries out for her too. The bonds we share have never been broken, since Beatlemania days til now, all the giggles that have made our cheeks hurt to the pain of a mothers love feeling his loss. know that I"m here from my heart to yours. If you ever need me I'm just a call away. Tom and my family feel the way I do. Reach out to anyone you feel comfortable with, still seek your happiness because I want you here for all of us who love you. You've been through way too much lately. They are watching over you and your families. Everyone thought the world of Ian what more could a mother ask for. So keep being witty,funny, and someone very special, your close friend Vicki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 12/25/2010 7:56:09 PM
Message: Search Light Moms wants to tell you how sorry we are for the passing of your Ian. If there is anything that we can do for you please let us know. We as mothers understand the day to day pain as we search for answers. Love and Blessings, Search Light Moms www.slmoms.com Also on Facebook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 12/23/2010 5:30:04 PM
Message: Thanks Pete, and Thanks to everyone for such kind caring messages about Ian, I'm missing him more than words can ever say, I'll love him forever, what a wonderful good-hearted character he always was and always will be in my memory and my heart, proud to have been Ian's Mom.

Date: 12/21/2010 1:34:52 PM
Message: I feel so bad for you Les. My sincere condolences, and I wish you the best always. Pete

Date: 12/13/2010 7:59:22 AM
Message: Rose, I would be remiss if I didn't sadly acknowledge Mac's passing. Although I did not have the occasion to meet him personally I dealt with him on several issues. I always found him to be calm, fair and objective. The irony is that he, in my mind, was a serene person who dealt with the world and we mortals in it with the intent to arrive at fair resolutions in a peaceful manner. Little did I realize the torment he must have endured privately these past years The world is a lesser place without him. My condolences to you and all of Mac's family and friends.

Date: 12/9/2010 4:36:06 AM
Message: Ian is my cousin and I am saddened by the loss of a person so special. My memories are of all my brothers and sisters playing at Ian's house and he joined in like one of us. We spent every Christmas Eve together as children and like so many of us, lost touch as we grew older. When I think of Ian, I remember a sweet, goofy, boy that always made me laugh. I cant believe he is no longer with us and I wish there was something we could have done. I am so sorry to my Aunt Leslie and to Rose for their loss. Please know that my heart breaks with yours. I can only hope that Ian and Roger are together now. I will always keep them in my heart.

Date: 12/7/2010 1:02:09 PM
Message: We pray that Ian's gentle soul find the peace and comfort that he so desperately was searching for. Our love and prayers go out to Les and Rose during these difficult times. We are deepenly saddened by yet another loss in our family and wish we could simply take the pain away. Rest In Peace Ian.

Date: 12/7/2010 11:13:04 AM
Message: My dear Leslie, I can't even imagine what your are going thru. Bill on 9-15-09 and now your son. My heart aches for you. Ian sounds like such a beautiful person. We know, from our day on the beach last year, that God will look after Ian. Blessings dear one.

Date: 12/6/2010 4:39:02 PM
Message: With greatest sorrow we say good-bye to Ian who is dearly loved by his Mother and friends. My love and prayers go out daily for his dear Mother, who is a dear friend to me, for her loss. All who loved Ian will miss a very special man. May God comfort Leslie and all family members. Love to all, MaryEllen

Date: 12/6/2010 4:11:28 PM
Message: I too, have benefited greatly from Ian's enthusiasm for the X 1/9 and the forum that he started. This site, unlike many others, seems to radiate the peaceful nature and goodwill of it's founder. My deepest sympathy to all of Ian's family and friends. R.I.P.

Date: 12/6/2010 10:35:24 AM
Message: Ian and I are cousins. His family and mine would spend Christmas Eve together. What I remember most about Ian were the times we spent playing at his home and catching up during the holidays. He liked playing with my brothers more than me but I appreciated how he never minded that I tagged along. I know that Ian was a gentle person in all that he accomplished because of how I remember him. I know that he is with his dad and grandparents. Love always, Sarah

Date: 12/5/2010 10:46:25 PM
Message: As a child my older cousin Ian lived right down the road from me. He would often come over to visit my brother and I. We would usually play video games, and I remember laughing a lot. As we got older we went our own ways in our busy live's, but I always looked forward to Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmas house where I was sure to see Ian. He was truly unlike anyone I have ever known, and I will always remember him as upbeat, energetic, caring, loving, funny, and intelligent. When he walked into the room he would instantly catch my attention. When I heard about his death it floored me. I know I will see my cousin again as I believe our bodies are merely shells for our spirits. May peace and love be with you always and forever Your cousin Brian

Date: 12/5/2010 10:26:19 PM
Message: As my older cousin, Ian was always a blast to have around. My childhood memories are filled with days of him coming over to chase me and my brother through the yard. It's safe to say I loved and admired him with something close to hero worship. I regret that our adult relationship consisted only of meeting up on the occasional holiday, as is all too often the case with family, but seeing him always brought a smile. He was both quick witted and kind of heart. Ian will always exist in the warmest parts of my memory, in a place of light and laughter and peace.

Date: 12/5/2010 8:50:33 PM
Message: I am so very deeply sad. Peace, to Rose, family and all. Christian Bellini (honoured to be a fellow X-er) Toronto, Canada

Date: 12/5/2010 4:14:11 PM
Message: I have known Ian his entire life, since the day he was born until the awful news of his passing. Ian was a very creative and talented person with a great sense of humor. I have so many fond memories of him and his father Roger also. When Ian was little his father would call him his "little buddy" and I hope they are together again now and forever. I thought that anytime I would hear that he was coming to Arizona for a visit. It is hard to believe that Ian has passed but he will live on in the memories of his family and friends. I miss you Ian, your uncle Jim.

Date: 12/5/2010 12:34:08 PM
Message: Les and Rose, While we didn't know Ian, it is obvious that he was a very special person who was loved by many and who will be sorely missed. Heartfelt condolences go out to you from the Sicklers on the East Coast. Much love!

Date: 12/4/2010 3:36:39 PM
Message: Ian was my neighbor for the last year. He was unstintingly generous and friendly in spirit. His parting was a great shock to me and a loss to my community. I wish healing to his closest family and friends, and the greatest to peace to Ian.

Date: 12/3/2010 9:12:10 PM
Message: Ian will be missed: his wonderful sense of humor, witty ideas, and care for others was amazing. He was truly a great person to know.

Date: 12/3/2010 6:21:25 PM
Message: In my memory, Ian will always be the smiling, impish, joke telling boy I loved. He was a sweet, loving boy who brought a smile to everyone who knew him. We love and miss you. Very much.

Date: 12/3/2010 4:46:28 PM
Message: I am so sorry for your great loss. Mom told me about Ian, and from one mother to another, I hope I never know what profound pain you are suffering right now, oh Leslie, how awful. I am so sorry your dear Ian is no longer with you. I am so sorry. He is in heaven. Just know that. I wish I could hug you. I miss him for you. I am so sorry.

Date: 12/3/2010 3:37:50 PM
Message: Our spirits gain air and rise above pain when we know that we are loved. The sad part, many times, we do not tell the ones we love most that we do. It is hard when we lose that person untimley.

Date: 12/3/2010 2:42:42 PM
Message: You reached into the darkness to save me and you loved me back to life. I adore you. ~Holly

Date: 12/3/2010 10:03:06 AM

Date: 12/3/2010 7:44:21 AM
Message: Les and Family, I truly do not know what to say, except that I love you all very much! My heart and prayers are with you. Ian, you were born into such a kind and loving family that it was enevitible that you also would be wonderful and you were. May God take you into his loving arms and give you peace! Tons of love,Fran

Date: 12/2/2010 9:51:55 PM
Message: #31 Nov 24 2010, 9:41 pm Jim Young 79 & 81 Join Date: Jan 2008 Location: Belledune New Brunswick, Canada I only knew him as Mac,, -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Very obvious that he was very dedicated to X-web, kind, giving, and always there to help and be a friend. He frequently reminded me of my son, now 28 and in Calgary, I hoped to meet Mac on a trip that way some day. I've truly been touched by his presence on Xweb and feel a great loss. Thanks for posting Rose, and my sincere condolences to you, and all Mac's family, and aquaintences. Peace and love to you Mac.

Date: 12/2/2010 8:29:00 PM
Message: Xweb is successful due to your intentions. It’s a place for like minded people who have a love and passion for a little car. What you achieved is a world wide circle of friends. Its been an honor to have known you from the web. Peace to you Mac

Date: 12/2/2010 6:46:56 PM
Message: The only thing sadder than our losing Mac would be if we had never had the opportunity to know him at all. Godspeed my friend....

Date: 12/2/2010 6:39:27 PM
Message: To the McIntosh family: My name is Peter D'Amore or "PeteX1/9" on XWeb and I just want to say how deeply sorry I am for your loss and my heart bleeds for your family. I never had the privilege of meeting "Mac" in person but have only heard amazing things about him. I've only been a member of XWeb for the past year but what Mac created is nothing short of legendary. The XWeb members including Mac are my family as our cars are and we all spend everyday sharing something that is so close to our hearts. Mac will be remembered forever and missed terribly as his wealth of knowledge and zest for life will go down in history. Peace Mac, 'PeteX1/9

Date: 12/2/2010 5:56:15 PM
Message: Although we were always many miles apart, you always remained in a special place in my heart, Ian. Love always and I pray you are at peace.

Date: 12/2/2010 4:42:16 PM
Message: My condolence's to Rose and to Ian's family. The forum Mac created has given me something to look forward to every time I go online. For that I thank him.

Date: 12/2/2010 3:21:37 PM
Message: Although i have never met Mac, he has done so much for me and the x web community. Condolences to his family and loved ones. He will be forever missed.

Date: 12/2/2010 2:47:11 PM
Message: I still don't know what to say, but I will try. Mac was a personal friend. We met in 1998 during my time in the Seattle Washington area, where I lived for 5 1/2 years. We shared a love of FIAT X1/9s and Mac came out to an autocross meet where I was contending my X. Mac was tremendously excited about seeing an X1/9 in competition. Seattle X1/9 as an owner's group and a web forum were his dream at that time. His enthusiasm ultimately led to the present, worldwide embodiment of the XWeb Internet forum. All driven by one man's vision. Mac, I will miss your infectious enthusiasm and kind soul. Thank you for what you have brought about. I am proud to have called you my friend. Pace e addio.

Date: 12/2/2010 2:30:16 PM
Message: With my time that I spent with Ian and his family in 1989 which I am his cousin, it has sadden me very much. I know him very good and of his family. My aunt Judy Wilson and myself visit him and family in 1989 and visit all over Yelm and Seattle, Wa. I have his video that he made for me and I will never forget the times we had together. It was found out after a few years that his Father Roger McIntosh had died of Cancer. We will miss them very much for the time that we spent with them. We will keep everyone in prayers. Ian was a very good and best friend that I could have together. May god bless you and be in peace.

Date: 12/2/2010 2:27:11 PM
Message: We'll miss you, Mac. A lot. We miss your - Peace Thanks for this forum you have left for us to remember you by. My deepest condolences to Rose, his mother and family Peace on all of us.

Date: 12/2/2010 2:10:14 PM
Message: I was truely saddened by Ians loss. I didn`t know him , but he sounds like an absolutely wonderful person to have known .I know his Mother , and what wonderful people . God is watching over your family, and the memories are what will help you get thru. Our prayers, condolences go out to all of you !!!!! God bless Ian.

Date: 12/2/2010 1:47:49 PM
Message: I really speechless to say sorry. I knew Mac since many years ago by xwebforums and just a couple times by phone, I was really honored to be part to his xweb community and a couple projects for him. I’ll remember you with love. Hasta pronto mi hermano!

Date: 12/2/2010 1:40:56 PM
Message: I never met Mac, nor did I ever converse with him in any of the Xweb forums. I can see from the outpouring of affection that he was a special person and one I wish I'd had the opportunity to know. We should all be grateful for his creation of Xweb as a means to transfer information, help others, and perhaps most importantly, develop new friendships in the X-head community.

Date: 12/2/2010 11:15:30 AM
Message: I never got the chance to meet Ian, I know his mother and through her have got to know him a little. Ian wrote to me a few days ago asking me to be there for Leslie and to offer what help I can. I will do my best for both Ian and Leslie. He will be missed great by his family and friends

Date: 12/2/2010 10:11:46 AM
Message: I am president of DCFiats and I would like to express our sorrow at your loss. Mac helped us form our club many years ago through his forum. Even though I never met Mac, I did email and chat with him over the years. He will be missed.

Date: 12/2/2010 10:09:24 AM
Message: The discovery of Mac's creation, the X-Web, re-kindled my love affair with the X that I'd thought was long lost. Other car forums seem to generate flames from the most innocent of posts, but not at X-Web. There, decency, thoughtfulness, consideration prevail: all qualities courtesy of its creator. I can only regret I'll never have the chance to meet Mac personally.

Date: 12/2/2010 9:27:01 AM
Message: I work in the same organization with Ian at Boeing (BDCO). Although I didn't get to know him well, we had several good conversations with each other and I found him to be a very kind-hearted, sensitive, and caring person. I definitely miss his presence here at work.

Date: 12/2/2010 9:16:21 AM
Message: We love Ian dearly even though we didn't get to see him often because we lived so far apart. We thought of him often. We will miss him and Roger. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who loved him. When we lose someone we love a little piece of our heart dies with them, but we can help and support each other to help us deal with and make it through without them. Love to all. Judy and family.

Date: 12/2/2010 9:08:21 AM
Message: It has truly been an honor to know Mac over the last 9 years through his online forum XWeb, emails, phone calls and online chats. I had the privilege to finally shake hands with this man in 2007 at a club meeting in Chehalis, WA - to me, that was the height of my ownership of X1/9's. Mac was a visionary who, with his unique style of diplomacy in moderating the forum and a broad sensitivity and tolerance to a wide range of opinions and differences; brought so many of us together with eloquent keystrokes of reason, intelligence and humor. I owe many of my closest friends to Mac - I can never forget him. God Bless you, friend, and all the loved ones who will remember you. Peace.

Date: 12/2/2010 8:49:35 AM
Message: I am one of Mac's X-heads. I never met or spoke with Mac in person, but from our written direct and indirect communications on XWeb, I could tell that Mac was one of the "good guys" because Mac did and said what good guys do and say. Like all good guys, he was enthusiastic and passionate about the people and things he loved. Good guys try to bring people together---Mac did that. Good guys respect others, especially those who happen to disagree on a topic important to both, and Mac displayed that respect a lot on XWeb. And what I am learning from posts on this remembrance page, like all good guys, Mac was loved and cherished by Rose and his family. Mac, we're sad to see you go.

Date: 12/2/2010 8:43:25 AM
Message: I knew Ian McIntosh as Mac, his Xweb screenname, and never met him in person. Yet I came to think of him as a friend, and I will never forget his one-word signature: "Peace". There is a hole in my life where he had been.

Date: 12/1/2010 8:01:23 PM
Message: I was Ian co-worker for the last 3 years and spent time not only talking about work but his passion for his Fiat, family, and Rose. Ian was very energetic and dedicated to everything he was involved in. His enthusiasm and energy coupled with the care he had for everything he took on will be greatly missed. I will miss having the chats with him and getting updated on how he progress on his Fiat. We will all miss you

Date: 12/1/2010 5:26:28 PM
Message: I was Ian's teacher in Southworth Elementary School in Yelm. He was one of my most creative and inspiring students. I was stunned and grieved to hear the news of his passing. Ian will remain in my memory as one of the fondest highlights of my teaching career. May light perpetual shine upon him.

Date: 12/1/2010 4:37:56 PM
Message: Mac and I go back many years. At first we had a few 'words' about a post on the UK X1/9 OC website, following which we became firm friends. I hooked up with him during his visit to the UK in the '90s and treasure the sweater he brought me. He was always a stalwart friend and, like so many real friends, would rather be judged on the truth of a situation than offer mere platitudes. I'm having a hard time coping with his loss and can only weep at the despair that Rose and his Mum & family must be going through. If there's any justice in the afterlife Mac will be well cared for ..... Goodbye until later and - Peace - Dave

Date: 12/1/2010 4:23:14 PM
Message: For the past three+ years, I was Ian's manager and can truly say that I enjoyed having him on the team. He was always willing to take on a new challenge, let me know when he needed help or advice and he truly enjoyed learning new things. I found Ian to be an intelligent, sensitive, caring individual who thrived on helping other people and I will miss him.

Date: 12/1/2010 3:03:43 PM
Message: I'll always cherish my memories of the beautiful, intelligent and multi-talented little boy and the wonderful man Ian became. When life seemed a little drab, Ian would come along and add so much humor and color....he is truly one of a kind! I wish I could give Ian one more BIG hug and tell him how much I LOVE him and hope he knew how much he will always mean to me. I am deeply saddened that our Ian had to leave us so soon and feel extremely privileged to be his aunt. PEACE and HAPPINESS to you, Ian...I love you!

Date: 12/1/2010 2:21:31 PM
Message: I worked with Ian at Boeing. He always enjoyed seeing him in our weekly staff meetings and he always had a friendly hello for all. He ran our meetings with ease and efficiency (his computer skills and computer/meeting etiquette were impeccable). I could always rely on him to respond live or virtually to all inquiries. He was calm, cool, and collected, but also not shy and would voice his opinion when asked or needed. He was one of the good guys and will be missed.

Date: 12/1/2010 2:04:53 PM
Message: As a co-worker at Boeing, I enjoyed working with Ian. Though we did not work in the same group, we did work for the same organization. Ian was approachable, and though he was a little shy here at work I could tell by the bounce in his step that there was something that made him happy. May the memories in your heart help you overcome the pain of losing him here on this earth. I pray that he is in a happier place. God bless.

Date: 12/1/2010 1:37:43 PM
Message: I truly enjoyed the time that Ian and I worked together on our training project for the BDCO. He always made me laugh and able to get thru the challenging times with a smile. He will be missed but I feel blessed to have been able to share few moments of this existence with him.

Date: 12/1/2010 1:17:53 PM
Message: Oh Ian...I loved you so much! You were the kindest, most gentle soul. Whenever you were around you shined your light on the best parts of us. You exuded the truest form of strength - no matter how you suffered, you never failed to be kind and encouraging. You never wanted anyone to suffer what you suffered, or to feel the pain that you felt. I know your heart like I know my own, my brother, and as long as there is breath in my body you are alive in me. I forgive you brother, I love you and I miss you terribly. I have peace knowing that you now know how loved you truly are, and I'm so sorry for what you had to endure in this broken world. Thank you so much for your life, and your example. I love you brother, JPCook

Date: 12/1/2010 9:43:55 AM
Message: Dear Rose, and Leslie - I was deeply saddened to hear this news. I worked with Ian at Boeing. Rose - I know you were the apple of Ian's eye, as there were times I often came upon staring upon your picture above his desk! A wish for strength from the love and support that surround you both now - with deepest sympathy, John Klym

Date: 11/30/2010 10:11:36 PM
Message: As Ian's grandma, most of my memories are of Ian as a child. He was the cutest little blonde boy you would ever hope to see. I've heard Ian sing in his sweet childish voice, I watched him run and play, hug his Pink Panther friends and just leap into the air full of joy. Ian marched to the beat of his own heart, different from anyone else's. He was very much loved, and words cannot say what a void he has left in our lives. His grandpa was so proud that he was in the Navy, the same as he was. His cousin Tisa can only remember him from her childhood memories, but remembers that he drew a picture on her jacket. We all love Ian very much and know that he's at peace now. He is happy, rested, calm but most of all peaceful. We love you, Ian.

Date: 11/30/2010 8:37:45 PM
Message: May you find the peace you were looking for. You will flash among the minds of many x1/9 owners upon every drive. Thank you for touching our minds, souls, and hearts.

Date: 11/30/2010 7:52:27 PM

Date: 11/30/2010 7:20:06 PM
Message: You're free now, Ian. Drive your orange X/19 fast and let the heavens fill will your laughter. Rest easy knowing I will honor your wishes that I live well and happy. I will always love you.

Date: 11/30/2010 7:19:25 PM
Message: You're free now, Ian. Drive your orange X/19 fast and let the heavens fill will your laughter. Rest easy knowing I will honor your wishes that I live well and happy. I will alway love you.

Date: 11/30/2010 6:36:01 PM
Message: Some things take a long time to understand and there are others that never will be. Mac always impressed me as an intelligent, level-headed lover of good music, fine automobiles and humor... didn't always agree with his opinions, but always appreciated the skill with which he expressed them. I never met the man, but feel I came to know him a little through his web-site. He was a sensitive, talented young man and he will be missed by many, many good people.

Date: 11/30/2010 6:33:01 PM
Message: Never got to meet Mac, but his enthusiasm for the X19 through HIS forum encouraged me to rebuild mine, and I'm sure many others around the world. It is rare for a forum to bring together people in such a friendly, positive way. Mac had friends all around the world,I'm proud to say I am one. Thanks Mac Lappy

Date: 11/30/2010 5:32:45 PM
Message: I was very saddend to hear about Ian's passing. I will always remember Ian as an energitic, helpful, creative and dedicated person who always had a kind thing to say about all of his friends, co-workers and family. My sympathy goes out to all of Ian's friends and family.

Date: 11/30/2010 4:10:02 PM
Message: Though I never met Mac in person, he was like a brother. Friendly, considerate, generous, always looking out for the other guy. I will always remember Ian "Mac" McIntosh for bringing us together from all corners of the world, an accomplishment few could ever do. Thank you for everything Mac. Rest well my friend. Peace.

Date: 11/30/2010 11:56:28 AM
Message: I met Mac just over 10 years ago and considered him a good friend from day one. If it was not for his overflowing love of Italian cars, specifically the X1/9, I would not have had the chance to meet him, or many of my friends that I have today. My best memory of Mac is back in 2000 at his place during a Seattle X1/9 gathering when he got behind the wheel of his stripped 75 X with Greg Smith and Brian White in the rear trunk, a passenger sitting next to Mac, and myself and Ulix sitting in the front trunk doing donuts in his back yard. The grin on his face was priceless as he mashed that pedal down and took us all on the ride of our lives. I will miss our email chats, and I will miss that smile. Peace ☮

Date: 11/30/2010 11:56:07 AM
Message: Macs passion, enthusiasm and hard work created X Web a little corner of cyberspace for us all to share. I never met him in person but chatted with him by email and via the forum. He will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Mac

Date: 11/30/2010 11:49:05 AM
Message: "A short space of magacical time, for a life so, so young." missed no never just very happy to of met you Mac when you visited the X1/9 OWNERS CLUB at Brooklands England many years ago

Date: 11/30/2010 11:04:33 AM
Message: Years ago, when Mac developed Xweb, the premiere forum for enthusiasts of the FIAT/Bertone X1/9, I'm sure he had no idea how important the forum would be to us. It has fostered a world-wide community of people that love these cars. Personally, Mac was valued as a friend by many. He is missed and will be missed for a very long time.

Date: 11/30/2010 10:55:30 AM
Message: Mac touched many thousands of lives through his creation of Fiat X1/9 worldwide forum. And did so with eternal optimism and boundless energy. Miss ya Buddy...see you on the other side. "MM"

Date: 11/30/2010 10:53:25 AM
Message: His dedication and passion for his X19s will be remembered and appreciated for a very long time. He has instilled an enthusiasm in so many of us and he will be greatly missed. Rest in Heaven, Mac.

Date: 11/30/2010 10:45:52 AM
Message: Mac brought hundreds of us together, as enthusiasts of the Fiat X1/9 automobile from around the World, with the creation of our online forum. He has made an incredible impression on us all, making us feel like we are all his frends. He showed interest in everyones projects, encouraged us to be our best and kept the peace amongst a lot of different personalities. Always was the optimist, and thought the best of everyone, even if he didn't agree with them. Mac, you will be missed by all of us and will always be in our hearts.

Date: 11/30/2010 10:29:36 AM
Message: I'll never forget how welcoming and enthusiastic Mac was when I inquired about joining his X1/9 club. It was contagious, his enthusiasm. Thank you Mac for creating a way for X enthusiasts to come together. You will be missed.

Date: 11/30/2010 9:45:30 AM
Message: I didn't know Ian personally but it felt like I knew him for many years. My childhood friend Rose would share great fond stories of Ian with me. My condolences go out to his family and friends. You all will be in my contant prayers.

Date: 11/30/2010 6:48:14 AM
Message: I have worked with Ian for a few years and looked forward to him visiting our group, he had a smile and made us laugh, he was always on the go. He will be greatly missed.

Date: 11/30/2010 6:40:44 AM
Message: Wishing I could have known Ian - it's clear he really was a wonderful man. Sending prayers to my sweet friend Leslie, and to all who loved him.

Date: 11/30/2010 6:00:12 AM
Message: The world lost a perfectly wonderful bright spirit who left everyone laughing and happy, even if he couldn't truly believe he was loved & worthy. We will all forever miss you Ian, and you now have the peace you have needed for so long, love you forever and ever more.

Date: 11/29/2010 11:29:05 PM
Message: There is seldom a time I am speehless... In the past ten years, I have thought of Mac often... wrote him from time to time... loved who he was and what he did through this cyber-space vehicle we use... and at times... was able to touch him with a gift or two. He always closed his posts with one simple word... PEACE! May God grant all who knew him... and may his soul now rest in... peace.

So very, very sorry...

This is the first post I read after being away from the forum since sometime in 2008. What a shock! This is truly a bittersweet moment for me an I wish to express my deepest sympathies to you and all who new Mac.

Rest in peace, Mac.

Sincerely,
Tim Michael

Wow... I'll echo Tim's sentiments. I've been gone from the forums since probably 2005 or so-- before registration was required. I was a prolific poster in the late 90's, and shared a lot of time exchanging messages with Mac and others as I restored my car...

I had the pleasure of meeting Mac and a bunch of the other PNW guys when I was in Seattle for work in the summer of 2000 or 2001. To a man, every one of them was incredibly kind and generous-- especially Mac. Upon finding out that I was coming, Mac unbeknownst to me arranged a picnic. I thought I was going out to lunch with Mac and couple of others-- he even made arrangements to have me picked up at my hotel since I didn't have a car. When we got to "lunch" I found a couple of dozen X1/9's and their owners, who had come from all over for the occasion.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear of his passing, and I hope that he's found the peace that he was seeking.

RIP Mac.

So sorry to hear this

I haven't been on this site in years and thought I'd check back to see what's what in X land and came across this horrible news. My sincere condolences to Rose and Mac's family and friends. I have a mentally ill friend now so I know what you dealt with, it's a very difficult situation, but like everyone here says I bet Mac is more at peace now.

I sold my X in 2002 and it eventually wound up in the hands of Rooster. When I was on this site daily I was certainly impressed with Mac's professionalism, dedication and pureness of heart. I think it permeated to the rest of the people here so we are all definitely better because of him. Over the years I can honestly say this is one of the best car forums I've ever come across and it is largely due to Mac. Hats off to him....

Danny

Back