In memory of our founder, Ian "Mac" McIntosh

Thanks for sharing with us Rose. Mac really did a lot for all of us, and this whole story is just shocking to one's core. He'd better know how much others cared for him. I had plenty of very good discussions with him, and only wish I had had the chance to meet him in person. Just at a loss for words...

Floored by this...

...Mac was eternal optimist.
Always put positive spin on every subject.
Rampant enthusiasm.
Positive energy.
Charming in his sometimes random ramblings.
Alas...been a few years since last meeting.
The Mac I knew was not the Mac who gave up hope.

Mac's Black '80 X is in mid-restoration at The Cosmic Garage.
SEA-X19 plates still with it.
The hours spent working on it were done with plan
to re-unite Mac with his 2nd favorite X.

The world has lost another gentile, creative person. Thanks so much to him for his passion for our X19's and sharing this with the world. It would be wonderful if we could somehow realise the dream of restoring his 74 Orange X and donating it to a museum in his memory.
Terry

I was wondering the same thing. That orange X of Mac's in a way has a shared history for all of us; it is a foundation of Xweb. Maybe it would take half a decade, but if some of us could spend time restoring it and doing something good with it. I had thought about auctioning it at something like BFI and using the money for charity or a scholarship. Donating to a museum is a great idea as well.

Dear Mac

We first met in 2000 when I was so glad to find this baby of yours on the Internet.
Your enthusiasm caught on me and I enjoyed your eloquent writing.
It is very hard for me to say good-by as it was hard to follow the hints of your troubled soul.
I adored your signature - peace
We will always remember you for what you are, a friend.
Your friend,
Herzel Frenkel
Israel

Thanks Mac,,

I was welcomed to this forum by Mac 3-4 years ago. I was wondering his retirement after finished his great job, Xweb V2.0.
There are a lot of suicides in here Japan, No 6 in the world vs 43th of the U.S. I understand that one reason is caused by mental problems.

http://www2.ttcn.ne.jp/honkawa/2770.html

PEACE, IN THE WORLD

RIP Mac

I believe it was 1998 when he hunted me and my yellow X down in Seattle traffic, cought up with me and we spent over an hour talking X in a parking lot. He was so happy to have met another X-head and decided that together with the other X-heads in the area, the critical mass had now been reached.
He wanted to start a club.

SeattleX1/9.

He was member #0, I was #1 and it went from there when we met for the first time in a pizza place as Mark has recounted above.
I am usually not the club guy, but Mac's enthusiasm was hard to escape. :)

He followed his vision and made the local club become the most important international platform for X1/9 enthiusiasts - Xweb.

From time to time, Mac would share his personal, non-X-related thoughts with the forum.
Working as a limo driver, Boing, the man-cave.
But for sure the most touching were his posts in which he openly expressed his love for Rose.

Mac, rest in peace !

99hi057.jpg

J1st2k-09.jpg

Rocked to the core

I to know all to well about the black dog myself and the difficulties it places on my family and friends.
Sadly mental health is something that's often never discussed.

My condolences Rose and Mac's family.

My deepest condolences to Rose and the McIntosh family

I am still without words over how sad I am to hear of Mac's passing. I never had the opportunity to meet Mac, but spoke to him thru emails and enjoyed his web presence on both the original Xweb and here. I will sorely miss him...

Like many I never met Mac, but I knew his importance to this board. I offer my deepest condolences to Rose and those here who have been touched by him. I'm very sorry for your loss.

My sincere condolences Rose and Mac's family.

I read this yesterday and am still stunned at this tragic news. I am still in a state of disbelief. Macs passion, enthusiasm and hard work created this little corner of cyberspace for us all to share.
I never met him in person but chatted with him thru email and of course this forum. He will be missed by us all.

Rest In Peace Mac

I don't know what to say I never meet Mac.I am so sorry to hear the man that created this awesome web site is no longer with us.when you think about it it weren't for Mac there would be X1/9's every wear siting around not running or running poorly.He will be truly missed

PEACE, Mac

Rose, sorry for your loss...

...and thank you for letting us know. Please take care of yourself. We're here if you want to talk.

Regards,

A great loss to X heads everywhere

I've known Mac for about 12 years, I even put him up for a large chunk of his visit to the UK all that time ago. I still wear the seax t-shirt he presented to me with pride and I will really miss the peace he always tried to bring to the community.

Rest in peace Mac

Mac was always rooting for everyones projects...

...Always keeping the peace. Hopefully he has found his peace and knows the impact he has made on all of us here. He's very loved and respected by all.

His spirit will live on.

Be strong, Rose, and know that Mac's spirit will go on. I never met him but could sense his influence in this forum. I am sure that you added to his happier moments. May God bless you.

This forum should be a living tribute to him. It should be taken care of as if it were a part of mac; which it is.

RIP Mac

When I first stumbled on this website, I was impressed by how different it is. Unlike so many, it is civil, fun, and friendly. Being immediately welcomed aboard by Mac made me realize why.....

Thanks for letting us know Rose, I'm so sorry.....

Brian, "in da UP"

Mac's Video

I don't know if somebody post this video before but here there is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8HDHew9XDw"]YouTube - Mac's '75 X1/9[/ame]

"peace"

Back