Interesting X on Craigslist

I was looking through the photos, and thought to myself, "Maybe the owner doesn't have to worry about where to stow the roof, because it doesn't come with one." But then I found the one picture that shows it with the Targa top on.

Not sure what I am seeing in the console area. It says something about "custom instrumentation", but it looks like he cut out the area from the center tub to the dashboard. I thought that metal was structural. :eek: Really hard to tell though, because that picture appears to be a picture of a picture on a computer screen.

Pete

Not sure what I am seeing in the console area. It says something about "custom instrumentation", but it looks like he cut out the area from the center tub to the dashboard. I thought that metal was structural. :eek: Really hard to tell though, because that picture appears to be a picture of a picture on a computer screen.

Pete
Yup, it’s missing

Wasn't that house (building) the background for another X that was for sale recently?
No. It was the same car in front of the house but I don't remember where it was posted. I also remember the timber wood house... more than the car, which is not bad, especially for a Brown car.

I think this has been posted before but looks like he added more pictures. Even a picture of a picture! Sharp looking car IMO

What's with the gauge in the engine bay? You have to admire how things are labeled - including the post-it note for the vac-lite.

Was this the car that used small baking pans for bumper blocks? I remember a post about it here on xweb. I will search for it, bit look at the rear blocks. (Update: Found the bread pan post)

This car was at the MWB open house a few years ago with Ohio plates on it.
DSCF0061.JPG
The engine cover is certainly custom. Looks pretty nice.
DSCF0063.JPG

Last edited:
I just noticed the rear window has a cut out in the center. I guess it is a poly replacement.

Added note: Also, the fancy engine cover that existed at MWB is gone in this CL ad.

Last edited:
Added note: Also, the fancy engine cover that existed at MWB is gone in this CL ad.
I just noticed that, as well. However, the cute LED third-brake-light strip appears to have been transferred over from the custom cover to the replacement standard factory cover.

The first picture on the CL listing shows the rear window with the opening, subsequent photos show a rear window with defroster wires.
So it's anyone's guess what the current confiruation of the car is.

The seller is probably running into the same problem that all of us do with selling customized Fiats. Most folks want them stock with maybe some "normal" upgrades. As soon as you start doing stuff like this guy did (whether you like them or not) you severely limit the potential buyer base. I learned my lesson just by removing bumpers,

I wonder if the "shock tower triangulation brace":rolleyes: in the engine compartment compensates for the chassis weakening resulting from cutting out the center-tunnel-to-dash structure?

Back