Is it just me or..........

whitespy

Flyboy Spagetti eater
It seems like most of the forums for our cars (Scorps/Monte's/X1/9's) what have you only have North Americans, Britts, and Aussies in them. (I can't forget the occasional Dutch) But does any one know what the rest of the geographies are doing and where they are getting their support and who are they grouping with?

I was just thinking.

Well, the one thing all those countries have in common...

is English. I think X's were sold pretty much all over Europe at least. But a lot of those countries are not English-language.

So I think what you are seeing is not an effect of geographical distribution of the car, it's the language.

Certainly there are Italian X sites, Spanish X sites, etc. But Italy and Spain and so on are not that big compared to America, Canada, the UK and Australia. So just a proportionally smaller web presence, I think.

Pete

There may be a smaller web presents but......

They should have just as many or more of the cars than we have. Take the Monte/Scorp, only 1800 here in North America but Europe got the bulk of them until 81. The bulk of them couldn't have ended up in the UK.. I guess I am just speculating . I am curious as to where they are going to get there parts and what they have that we could share with us and vise versa. Wouldn't it be nice to find a 16v head some where ?

I can tell you the german situation

In terms of the X scene, it is very similar.
We have a busy X forum, several vendors, Henk being one of them.

Just as in the US, the MonteCarlo plays a much smaller role, without an organized scene afaik. No dedicated forum, no dedicated vendor. The Monte Hospital is probably the biggest help for German owners as well.

The Monte has always been undervalued over here too, even though it had a 2L with 120 hp, euro bumpers etc.
A classic car mag recently asked that question too, hey didn't have an answer.

Back