Is it just me...

WantAnX1/9

Stuck in gear, leaking fluids, fire in progress...
...or is discovering a classic car that really you can identify with, just as great as driving it?

Is it just me, or is the hunt almost as good as driving/wrench/owning the classic car?

Looking at the X 1/9, as an example, finding the model years which most interest you, narrowing down what the market dictates their going rate at through BAT, eBay, here, etc...

Then, determining which of these X 1/9s (Series 1, 2, or Bertone) really work best for you and what your preferences are...Isn't the hunt as good?

Then the parts hunting! Finding the right part after months of searching, it really is great fun.

It is great fun searching for the right car, then gathering all the right parts, to bring about the completion or resurrection of your car.

It is such a great feeling of satisfaction, at least as far as I am concerned.

...or is discovering a classic car that really you can identify with, just as great as driving it?

Is it just me, or is the hunt almost as good as driving/wrench/owning the classic car?

Looking at the X 1/9, as an example, finding the model years which most interest you, narrowing down what the market dictates their going rate at through BAT, eBay, here, etc...

Then, determining which of these X 1/9s (Series 1, 2, or Bertone) really work best for you and what your preferences are...Isn't the hunt as good?

Then the parts hunting! Finding the right part after months of searching, it really is great fun.

It is great fun searching for the right car, then gathering all the right parts, to bring about the completion or resurrection of your car.

It is such a great feeling of satisfaction, at least as far as I am concerned.

Tomorrow, I am picking up a brace of side marker lenses, tail lamp assemblies, and a targa top.

I am very excited!

The hunt begins...

I just scored two full tail lamp assemblies, with screws, gaskets, and holders, turn signals, side markers, reflectors, a steering wheel, handbrake w/boot, rearview mirror, kick panels, door arm rests, sun visors, center console, and targa top for $380.00 cash.

Well worth the 3hr round trip!

Love it! WP_20190828_001.jpg WP_20190828_002.jpg WP_20190828_004.jpg WP_20190828_003.jpg

I have hunted for the just right part for several auto and motorcycle builds and had some good feelings when finding a deal on those parts but I like driving the finished project the most.
The experience of building a ride and putting the engine together can be rewarding but once again driving the final product is best.
Going down the road and listening to the engine purr, or scream on occasion, imagining in my minds eye all the parts rotating and reciprocating as they should, knowing I have touched every one of those parts is very gratifying.

I have hunted for the just right part for several auto and motorcycle builds and had some good feelings when finding a deal on those parts but I like driving the finished project the most.
The experience of building a ride and putting the engine together can be rewarding but once again driving the final product is best.
Going down the road and listening to the engine purr, or scream on occasion, imagining in my minds eye all the parts rotating and reciprocating as they should, knowing I have touched every one of those parts is very gratifying.

You nailed it.

Back