Italian car day at Griot's Garage

Rodger

True Classic
On September 4th, Griot's is having their monthly Caffeine and Gasoline car get together at their Tacoma flagship store. This one's theme is Italian. I am going to be there with my K20 X. Any other Puget Sound X'ers going? There are usually lots of expensive Italian exotics so lots of eye candy to view. This event about 6 years ago is where I first met @Roobus and saw his K20 swap that MWB did. That is what planted the seed for me to eventually do mine.

Definitely a well attended event. It starts at 8 but I didn't get there until a little before 9 and I was lucky to find a spot on a corner. Good thing the X is so small. ;)
Griots Italian Day 090421 10.jpg

Even though it was Italian Day, anything is welcome at these monthly get togethers. There were lots of Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, one Pantera, a few nuovo 500 Abarths, a couple of original 124 Spiders, a couple of older Alfa's, but the rest was a huge mix of just about everything.
Griots Italian Day 090421 11.jpg

Griots Italian Day 090421 13.jpg
Griots Italian Day 090421 14.jpg

Griots Italian Day 090421 22.jpg

Probably the coolest car I saw was what looked like an original GT40 race car. I don't know the real story behind it as the owner was busy talking with someone else, but it had a Holman-Moody engine in it.
Griots Italian Day 090421 24.jpg
Griots Italian Day 090421 23.jpg

Griots Italian Day 090421 25.jpg

My neighbor showed up and took a nice photo as the meet was breaking up.
Griots Italian Day 090421 08 small.JPG

On September 4th, Griot's is having their monthly Caffeine and Gasoline car get together at their Tacoma flagship store. This one's theme is Italian. I am going to be there with my K20 X. Any other Puget Sound X'ers going? There are usually lots of expensive Italian exotics so lots of eye candy to view. This event about 6 years ago is where I first met @Roobus and saw his K20 swap that MWB did. That is what planted the seed for me to eventually do mine.
Hey Rodger,
Looked like a missed a good one.
There should have been one or two more represented from Olympia of the Italian flavor
that I don't see in the pics. By the way....great framing !

What did the k20 feel like at the wheel on I5 today ?

out for now,
lezesig
'72 850

Definitely a well attended event. It starts at 8 but I didn't get there until a little before 9 and I was lucky to find a spot on a corner. Good thing the X is so small. ;)
View attachment 51584

Even though it was Italian Day, anything is welcome at these monthly get togethers. There were lots of Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, one Pantera, a few nuovo 500 Abarths, a couple of original 124 Spiders, a couple of older Alfa's, but the rest was a huge mix of just about everything.
View attachment 51585
View attachment 51587View attachment 51588

View attachment 51590
Probably the coolest car I saw was what looked like an original GT40 race car. I don't know the real story behind it as the owner was busy talking with someone else, but it had a Holman-Moody engine in it.
View attachment 51592View attachment 51591
View attachment 51595
My neighbor showed up and took a nice photo as the meet was breaking up.
View attachment 51594
What a great looking X1/9. Love the color.

Last edited:
Hey Rodger,
Looked like a missed a good one.
There should have been one or two more represented from Olympia of the Italian flavor
that I don't see in the pics. By the way....great framing !

What did the k20 feel like at the wheel on I5 today ?

out for now,
lezesig
'72 850
Yes, I was hoping for a few more classic Italians but it was definitely the high dollar newer Ferraghinis that were a all over the place. The K20 does great on I5. A beautiful day for a cruise.

Back