Italian made exhaust for X1/9

bbrown

Bob Brown
Hi Folks,

I was approached by new member Sam (samueldamiani) regarding exhaust parts he's offering for the X1/9. Looks like interesting alternatives to stock exxie exhausts.
I am not affiliated with this vendor in any way, however Sam asked if I would let folks know about his Company and products as related to X1/9.
Sam has a storefront web site. Prices are listed in a separate tab on his site. You'll have to contact him regarding payment and shipping.

The 2 links to his exhaust offerings are HERE and HERE

In his own words:
Hi. I work for an Italian company producing craft exhaust for X1/9 and many other oldies.

Our products are all in stainless steel polished. Pictures on web-site show black (muffler) models but we are in a process to change them with new polished products.

I would like to let the forum know about my Company.
Thanks. Sam

[bbrown] This post is made in public interest of a potential new vendor. (located in Italy) If there any issues with this post, please let me know. -Bob

Nice

We might be getting more parts to choose from. When I looked at the pictures it seems that the exhausts by pass the CAT...something we in CA need to pass smog. Or am I not looking at the picture correctly?

CSC are great products!!!

They are built like tanks and put Ansa to shame and look just as good. Well worth the $$$$, I have been using one on my Scorpion for years and still looks new.:headbang:

Validation

Nice to hear other folks are chiming in. I thought it was spam (PM sent to me also). Good thing Bob did the post :)

Hey Bob, I responded to him as well and suggested...

1. He post an English version of his site.
2. He post prices (euros, USD, etc.)
3. And he post some generic ranges for shipping to Europe, USA and Australia.

In other words, make it easy and "friendly" for us to know the approximates costs, shipping, and time required so we are encouraged to purchase from him.

I also suggested he introduce himself and his company in the DF section but post the stuff for sale (with prices, per the rules) here in FSW. I did not catch or see any US based supplier, but that would certainly help as well.

He thanked me for the suggestions, seems like an OK guy.

Someone on eBay has been trying for a long time to sell a very nice-looking but quite expensive (>$600 if I recall correctly) CSC exhaust for an 850 Spider. At half the asking price I probably would have bought it.....

I have had the four branch manifold model on my last two X1/9's. They are good and very well made. However, I think with a standard 1500 Euro manifold and the cheaper CSC exhaust, the results are better, based on what I have read here on this forum.

My favourite ever after market exhaust was the Janspeed model. Great sound, great price, great accelerator response, but prone to blowing out the wadding! Did I mention the great sound??? ;-)

They don't make the Janspeed anymore. The CSC is a close second, and not too loud in my opinion.

Regards,

Mickey (UK)

Common in Germany

The CSC exhaust as shown (first and last pic in the first link) is a nice design and is fairly common here in Germany. It has been around for quite a while.
Over the years, the design must have changed some.
While they continue to look the same, some of were loud, some were not loud at all. Also, for a while at least, the bracket that is welded to the muffler and mounts onto the bracket from the transmission (in the US, this was only used on 1974 models) tends to rip out of the muffler after a couple of years.
Some had big exhaust tips, some had more subtle diameter tips.

850 coupé-spyder

hello

i believe the price is almost correct.
i work at CSC so i am not a reseller.

the price we can offer this part is 510 U$D freight not included.

with the exact location i could calculate the freight

pls let me know your comments

regards

Samuel

new version

hey Mikey

have you ever tested the new stainless steel CSC exhaust?

it is not produced in aluminized black anymore. sound has been improved.

btw, rules for sport exhaust in the UE impose a decibel increase of max +5% in order to obtain the homologation.

+5% is nothing , all would pass the limit, but we need some limit anyway if we don't want police on our neck everytime we drive by.

regs

Samuel

Back