It's Been Awhile...

allansieben

X1/9 Time
My work in progress is continuous...but it's what keeps me young at heart.

And lastly...some fun with my colour app in my phone.

Drive safely!

Looks great, one of the two cars I hope to add to my fleet...a Scorpion and an 850 Spider would make it complete.

Really nice example and very original aside from the always perfect on any Italian car Abarth wheels :)

so lovely

Great inspiration for mine to reach the level of yours! Looks like the rear sits a touch higher in relation to the front. Do you have any profile shots? I have been thinking that this may be aesthetically pleasing set up.

response to question

Wheels are authentic Cromadora CD30 'Abarth' magnesium wheels from 1974. These were a very rare find but had to be restored. They were out of true with a wee bit of curb rash and I purchased the new center caps on line. The wheels came from Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The wheels were restored by a company called Nubrite located in Langley, British Columbia. To say this company has honed their craft would be an understatement! I know that these wheels are made of magnesium because Richard, the owner of Nubrite, had to purchase magnesium rods to repair the rough edges. The outcome is what you see in the photos. They look brand new.

13" tires are a bit of a challenge these days. I located mine from a place in Delta BC. They are Ingens A1 175/60 R13. Believe it or not, these wheels and tires have a way different handling dynamic than the original Scorpion wheels! Much better actually.

Allan

Last edited:
here you go moto Trooper...

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to my cars, but I've always been about the details. The suspension came from a parts car I purchased many years ago...a very early 76 model where the previous owner did everything correct when it came to lowering it. Coil springs were purchased as opposed to having the originals cut. That car now resides with Bernie Hamm of Bent Wrenches Autoservice in Mission BC, where it requires extensive restoration.

***check out some recent photos of my completed 1971 Fiat 850 Spider in the Rear Engine Fiats section.

Allan

thanks for the extra photos

The details really come through and are apparent on these photos. Very high standard there. Also thanks for the profile shots, they confirm (for me) that the Scorpion/Montecarlo visually benefits with a little tail high attitude.

Back