Just bought a X1/9 - Chicago

KBabcock

True Classic
Good day all,

In my younger days owned a Fiat 124 spyder and Sport couple, father owned a 128, 131 and a 850 spyder. Always wanted a X1/9 and finally made it happen. Arrives on Monday and hoping to find others in the Chicagoland area anyone out there?

Welcome to Xweb KBabcock,

There is a Chicago group of Fiat owners. They hosted the national FFO event around 2015 ummm, make that 2014. I am sure they will show up here soon.

Congrats on your new X! :)

Last edited:
The ChiFlu group is very active, Chicago Chapter of the FCA. They are on Facebook like most of the other chapters.

Last edited:
Nice to meet you guys, I'm just north of Chicago in Lincolnwood. Was hoping to find some folks more or less local to me to talk and share experiences but I'm not that picky. I'll definitely check out the Facebook page. Car arrives Monday and I have two fun tasks to start with, Change the master brake cylinder and resolve a fuel injection issue which will not let the car start. Can't wait to jump into this, been close to 40 years since I had my butt in a Fiat.

Nice to meet you guys, I'm just north of Chicago in Lincolnwood. Was hoping to find some folks more or less local to me to talk and share experiences but I'm not that picky. I'll definitely check out the Facebook page. Car arrives Monday and I have two fun tasks to start with, Change the master brake cylinder and resolve a fuel injection issue which will not let the car start. Can't wait to jump into this, been close to 40 years since I had my butt in a Fiat.
Do ask questions, there are some things we can help you avoid. There are some excellent threads on rebuilding the pedal box, do read through them. I believe I have them tagged if you do an advanced search using tags and pedal box as the search term.

Do ask questions, there are some things we can help you avoid. There are some excellent threads on rebuilding the pedal box, do read through them. I believe I have them tagged if you do an advanced search using tags and pedal box as the search term.
Thanks Karl, much appreciated.

Back