just finished painting a Euro market Fiat 128 Rally

AndyS

True Classic
it needed considerable rust repairs, but now is a very solid body. I love the funky early 70's military drab color. I added some flattener to the clear to give it the level of gloss these cars would have had when new, and not the wet look high tech modern finish. Car isn't mine, but belongs to a client who is actually a pro rally driver. I drove a early US market 128 for over a decade many years ago. i think someone on here now owns my old 3 color 128. this car makes me miss my old one.
DSC_2051.JPG
ACDSee_Scan_Fri-Jun-28_07-45-12 (2).jpg

Looks great Andy, nice work. ;) Now for some reason I am hungry for split pea soup.
Will you be building the rest of the car, or was this only for paint/body work?

I am just doing the body and paint on this one. he has a lot of go fast parts from Europe for it that will be going back on it. This is a round tail light euro Rally version, and i had never seen one in person before.

Hey Andy. I use to own your old tri color 128. Sold it to Albert in Texas. Kick myself every day for doing that. Loved that car.

Happy to hear it is still around. It was my favorite car for over 10 years from the late 80's until the late 90's, and i still miss it from time to time. here are a few shots of it in its first tri color scheme from way back when, and when i first started sanding it down after i initially got the car back in 1986
ACDSee_Scan_Tue-Jun-11_16-45-07a.jpg
ACDSee_Scan_Tue-Jun-11_16-45-07b.jpg
ACDSee_Scan_Tue-Jun-11_16-45-07c.jpg

Hey Andy. I use to own your old tri color 128. Sold it to Albert in Texas. Kick myself every day for doing that. Loved that car.
Hi Eric, sorry but i didnt bought the tri colored 128 pictured here from you. I wished!!....i did settled for your other 128 thou, the 76 yellow one which i still have. You were more than very kind to me on this deal and ill thank you forever for that matter my friend

I didn't realize we passed around so many of them! hahaha... Isn't' that what we do in this community?

Beautiful work there Andy, I may have to get your number on speed dial. Remember that? Speed dial, now it's just, "Siri, call AndyS."

The 128 is long gone, but I still have my super early 1967 modded 124 Spider that i bought 30 years ago. just did a 220 mile tour in it today--drove like it was a new car.
48932910931_70310eb13c_h.jpg
48931989593_d0c6f13eb8_h.jpg
48932910596_c7a860352a_h.jpg

Really nice spider and I'm guessing the tool box collection probably cost more than your spider.

Back