Just for Fun

Leiplouis86

Car addiction
During these unusual times, I thought it would be fun for us just to see what other cars you guys may have in your stables. Since all of the car gatherings - Cars & Coffee, ETC have been put on hold ( at least in my area) . It would be great to view some
Por side view 2--10-1-18.jpg
Por engine frt 10-1-18.jpg
cars - I miss that - I love them all- Domestic & Foreign.

Our only other car at the moment is a bone-stock 2015 Toyota Prius (what's there to modify?!), nothing picture-worthy. But I do appreciate seeing this 928! Love that color--looks almost like British Racing Green, though I guess that would be sacrilegious on a Porsche. OTOH, I see you also own a BMW-era Mini, so maybe British-German hybrid style is your thing??

Like you, I really miss summer car shows. One nice thing about Miami--even in its current state of shutdown--is that you'll likely see all manner of Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches even on a short walk to the grocery store. Well, all manner of brand-new ones. Not much vintage, unfortunately. My POS X is such an oddball down here that it's literally stopped traffic before!

Besides my K20 X and my 037 project, I am also working on my "Gran Torino" (movie, not car model) truck. I got it in January, and have since swapped out the straight 6 300 & C4 for a V8 351W & C6. Other modifications so far:

Aluminum manifold, Holley carb
Electric fan package adapted from Inifiti FX35 stock fans
Replaced all engine and sensor wiring with correct Ford color coded wiring
Replaced front rotors, pads, wheel bearings
Replaced outer tie rod ends
Hooker block hugger headers
Replaced entire exhaust system from head to tailpipe with my own design
Replaced instrument cluster and warning lights with full VDO Vision Gauges instrumentation, added Innovate WB a/f ratio sensors for each bank.
New sensors for all instrumentation including in-tank fuel sender
AutoMeter Sport Comp monster tach with shift light

Sale ad 1.jpg

IMG_2728.JPG

The truck came with some restoration work done, the gas tank and brake lines look brand new. The wiring was a nightmare but I've replaced probably 50% of it so far. It's a work in progress but it will be the last truck I ever own - todays trucks are stupid expensive planned obsolesence appliances that require certified technicians to work on them. I don't need to be paying for that the rest of my life...

Oh and honorable mention to my wife's very fine 2017 Infiniti Q60, if we are including "clean hands" cars. She loves the luxury, I love the performance. 2.0l turbo 4wd. I don't have a picture of it handy, but it's "stock"... :)

One of our others is an 89 Chevy S10, ordered new in nov. 1988 with a 4.3 liter V6. It has 352K miles on it. We upgraded in 2011 to an “LS10” (98 Corvette LS1 + 89 S10). The flamed paint was done by a friend at Wyotech In 2002. The custom “Dopper” (dog topper) was built by a local street rod builder from extended S10 cab parts. The windows in the dopper are electric (from a Dodge Caravan). The front grille is from a 91-93 GMC S15 (A subtle difference). It is civilized (A/C, cruise, quiet exhaust, Stereo, CD changer, & subwoofer) and great for road trips. It is relatively quiet, but brings new meaning to the word merge. I figure that I have done about 175 oil changes on it since new. I guess it's a keeper....

P1010113.JPG
P5212552.jpg

Wild guess I hope I got at least one. In front, left car is a Saab 900. Right one looks like a Miata.
Second row, the uncovered car is probably a Saab 9000 while the right in the back could be a Fiat x19.

Thanks guys - keep'm coming - the Bi-turbo is one you don't see many of anymore. I think they got a bad wrap - most just weren't maintained. I also did the truck thing prior to the 928. It was a 75 Chevy C-10- 80% completed just getting ready to get it painted and some idiot pulled out right into the side of her?? for the life of me- I can't believe you couldn't see a Full size truck coming down the road.

Got a gold star Daniel...

Front left is a 98' Saab NG900, daily driver. Next to it, the 1991, Saab 9000T with nearly 440,xyz miles driven all the time,
one of the support vehicles for the LeMons car, moved remarkable amounts of stuff and more.
Been driven in wind, rain, snow and blazing heat (why zero incentive to modify the suspension-chassis as the Saab folks got the overall
trade off good). Top speed has been tested and verified...

Front second row is a NA miata that has been modified for track days, not my miata, don't like it's dynamics and feel. Real Meh...
Next to it is the 1974 exxe. Turn-key driver, starts up with one turn of the key. Driven for fun only with non-stock suspension settings, kinda "personalized" in that way. Has the stock 1300cc, 4 speed power train for now.. Plenty fun as is, driven full throttle to red-line often.

The Lancia ScorpiaCarlo project (only non-running car here) is in one spot of the garage next to another car in the garage and there is one more car in the drive way.

Bernice

Wild guess I hope I got at least one. In front, left car is a Saab 900. Right one looks like a Miata.
Second row, the uncovered car is probably a Saab 9000 while the right in the back could be a Fiat x19.

To go along with Daniel - do you miss the days, when you could tell what a car was a mile away. Today most all look very similar due to aerodynamics emissions, fuel economy , safety requirements etc. Its a shame - a car no longer has a personality in my opinion- unless you go upscale.

I'll post mine. '91 Toyota MR2. 215k miles. Daily driver.
-Upgraded visually to 93 spec.
-Installed factory ABS and upgraded entire brake system to 93+ spec.
-Swapped in a Gen 4 3SGTE last winter, lightened flywheel, 17PSI boost, boost controller, 3" exhaust.

Haven't dyno'ed it but it should be in the 290whp range.

20190803_174207.jpg

received_474157153273452.jpeg

Hey @aarpcard ,

You swapped the RIGHT engine in the WRONG car! 😇

Haha I keep getting tempted to do that, but I think packaging it in the X would be very challenging - probably beyond my level of ability. The MR2 engine bay is almost 2x larger than the X . . . it was designed to fit a V6 eventhough it was never officially sold with one.

Haha I keep getting tempted to do that, but I think packaging it in the X would be very challenging - probably beyond my level of ability. The MR2 engine bay is almost 2x larger than the X . . . it was designed to fit a V6 eventhough it was never officially sold with one.
Yes, I think the first gen Mr2 engine is a better fit. Probably the same than the K20, but that later one is much more documented and having the MWB kit.

Back