Just for Fun

Bjorn Nilson

True Classic
Here is my 93 Ford Probe GT. You Americans may think this is a piece of crap, but in Sweden it is very rare. Upgraded with race cat, headers etc. It just loves to revv.
IMG_20180925_140825.jpg

I nearly bought a new one in 1989. I think the turbo motor was rated at 140hp but most of the reviews said that had to be very conservative based on the 0 to 60 times they would turn.

7982X

So much fun it MUST be illegal!
Technically not in our "stable" anymore, but unusual and classic. 1967 Triumph T120 Bonneville....a 22 year restoration project (life got in the way). I "grew up" on these, so they have a special place in my heart, like X1/9s.

P9203672.JPG

DanielForest

True Classic
V6 or 4 cylinder?

I have always liked this car and its sister the MX6 which I would love to find a decent one of.
I road tested a Mx6 Mystère when it was new. Found it too big for my taste and end-up with a MX3 Precidia V6. Probe GT, with the same engine than the sportier MX6 got the v6 with 190. A few years later, the trend was to fit that bigger engine in the MX3. I also love to find one in good shape at a right price, but they are popular amongst the kids.

Last edited:

gene cooley

Autocrosser
I had to replace my '97 2500 7.4L Suburban early this year. I found this '16 Yukon XL Denali at a reasonable price at the same dealer (and salesman) that I bought the Suburban from in 2000.
It has a 420hp 6.2L engine, 8 speed trans, gets 14-18mpg towing and has gotten as high as 31mpg on a 50 mile run without the trailer.
Whether we've had a good or bad day with the Fiat, the tow home in this always seems to make the day better.
20200726_164238.jpg

Bjorn Nilson

True Classic
V6 or 4 cylinder?

I have always liked this car and its sister the MX6 which I would love to find a decent one of.
The GT is V6. It took me some time to realize that most parts are from Mazda 626/MX6. It is impossible to have the "Ford" parts here in Sweden but there are tons of cheap Mazda 626 parts available as well as aftermarket turbo kits etc.
I bought the car brand new 1994 (it is a 94, not 93 as I wrote earlier), used it as a daily driver until 2001. I refurbished and upgraded it 2016 and brought it back on the roads. Unfortunately my wife doesn't like the X1/9 much but the Probe is accepted for touring on nice summer days.