Just joined forum and would like to say hi.

Stevex19

I just joined this invaluable forum. I wanted to just say hello to everyone and hope everyone is safe and well in these trying times.
Our exxe is my wife's 1983 vs two tone grey and red(orange) with black leather and red carpets, it was her first car and she never would let it go!
Currently it is on a rotisserie and I have started the welding tasks. Surprisingly it is not bad at all localised areas to do to the shell, the doors seem to be the worst items for rust and rear boot floor that I purchased a repair panel for.
Looking to rebuild the 1500 engine but hopefully get a bit more power from it too.
I will post some pics when I work out how too lol

Welcome to Xweb Steve! :)

Good luck with your project and please post some pictures. We like pictures.

Great that you joined the forum. Looking forward to seeing your restoration work on the wife's X.

As for posting photos, the forum has a really neat feature that stores all pics so they will never disappear (ala PhotoBucket). It is very simple once you see the process, but I'm not the best person to describe that sort of I.T. stuff....
please post some pictures
Jimmy, didn't you make a great tutorial on how to do it awhile ago?

Jimmy, didn't you make a great tutorial on how to do it awhile ago?

I made a couple tutorials (Photobucket and Imageshack) over the years, but I don't recall making one for the Xweb software. Maybe I did, but I didn't find it in a quick search.

Ya I didn't find it either. But there was a thread (I think it was from you) explaining how to post photos with the 'new' forum format, using a "click and drag" from any photo album. I recall because that was the thread that taught me how to do it.

Great, we don't have many left on the road here in the UK. So I am keen to get it back in use, not sure how I will fit in at 6ft 5in especially now I am that much older and less flexible the other half is most pleased though.

You had about 1300 registered last summer on the roads guess about 300 being restored to the road.
RHD is about 6' 3" but the good news you gain more by adjusting the slide rails and relocating the seat belt retainer spare wheel in front boot using empty cubby hole for the seat. Never rains in Suffolk so just take the roof off.

Welcome! Another UK based member, are you guys part of the UK owners club by chance?

NEG well I am a member
but don't think your Lido made it to this event
When was the last time you saw 5 Lidos together

20200401_151548.jpg

IIRC, Frosty is a LONG time member of the UK club. In fact, he was already involved when I used to correspond and write in their newsletter with the club... more than 20 years ago !(internet was not what it is now).

Great to see you are still around Frosty!

Not a member at the moment, last time was back in the 1990s.
Where have all those years gone and the lack of progress on projects too!

Welcome! Very cool that your wife is the original owner! That definitely adds another level of attachment to the restoration process.

Don't be shy about posting pics of your working - I for one like to see others work in progress.

Hi frosty, I’m a newbie in x1/9 ownership terms! Been an Alfa owner though for over 40! Would love to see that many Lido’s back together, most I’ve seen was three at last years Autoitalia @ Brooklands

Back