K20 back to original engine.

twincam69

True Classic
I bought the engine from this car a few months ago. When it was decided that the Honda, install kit and Dallara glass would be sold separately I bought the roller too.
so now I need to find the bits to reinstall the 1500.
Even though I could fab up some of the brackets that were removed, it would make my life much easier if I could get them from an existing parts car, clean them up and weld them in. The two main brackets would be for the snail mount at the front of the engine and the dogbone mount. Here are some pictures of what I’m dealing with and I’ll cross post on FS&W. I’ll update with progress.
BECBFE06-7BAB-43E8-8CC5-1A2BA5FA2607.jpeg
ED4D955B-8716-4BC0-BB31-BF93F96CAFFA.jpeg
74FF66CB-D702-41FB-A0F3-AD883B1A3B78.jpeg
0215D932-3F75-4E5D-A7C0-17CD7A7866BC.jpeg
AFD096C5-7E6F-48C7-B3E3-10DFBE955C54.jpeg

Oh Boy. You've got your work cut out for you, going backwards. So much surface rust to address on the cut work...

I have all the EFI engine bay brackets if you are going fuel injected....

Oh Boy. You've got your work cut out for you, going backwards. So much surface rust to address on the cut work...

I am, thanks. I think the EFI harness is missing too.
211D0F8D-A9B6-414E-A2BA-D731ED03B75A.jpeg

Would you consider making life easier for your future self at the expense of your present self having to put in some extra work?

Since all three factory FIAT SOHC engine mounting points cause trouble for owners due to the pack of correct parts, maybe you could rethink all of the mounts instead of reinstalling fixtures that use unavailable mounts?

Speaking as somebody who has cut out all of those mounts, then been asked to reinstall them, I think it might not be much extra work just to do something completely different.

For the dogbone mount, there are many options that are still easy to buy new. I redid that location on one car to use a GM dogbone. I think it was for a 3800V6, but I can't recall.

Last edited:
Would you consider making life easier for your future self at the expense of your present self having to put in some extra work?

Since all three factory FIAT SOHC engine mounting points cause trouble for owners due to the pack of correct parts, maybe you could rethink all of the mounts instead of reinstalling fixtures that use unavailable mounts?

Speaking as somebody who has cut out all of those mounts, then been asked to reinstall them, I think it might not be much extra work just to do something completely different.

For the dogbone mount, there are many options that are still easy to buy new. I redid that location on one car to use a GM dogbone. I think it was for a 3800V6, but I can't recall.
Not a bad long term plan but I’m aiming to get it back together without re-engineering anything at this point.

“…..you’ve got your work cut out for you,,,”
I see what you did there. 😜

This is the main harness (EDIT - from my '87), double relay & coil/dist/module Ignition harness. You can message me if any of this works for you.

PXL_20221003_184928849.jpg

section of fuel line with proper flare end that goes from rail to filter. Ignition ballast. I do have the coil if you're also missing that.

PXL_20221003_185423118.jpg

EFI related brackets I have (not weld-on brackets, apologies)
PXL_20221003_185228091.jpg

Last edited:
I’m close to having all the brackets I need. any pictures of a FI car without the engine so I can figure out where everything goes?My ‘75 only helps so much.

Back