K20 Motor For Sale with Hondata ECU

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by fillic, Sep 11, 2019 at 3:39 AM.

1. fillic

fillic Low Mileage

I'm throwing in the towel on this project that has been going on for years now with no end in sight. The dallara kit was put on the car and I decided to go K, with the wrong mechanic it just turned into a nightmare. The car is now at a place that specializes in Vintage Fiat Spiders, sitting there for over 2 years. It seems Honda guys won't touch it and Fiat guys won't touch it, hybrid limbo.

The Engine has stage 2 or 3 cams installed along with other performance parts including valve springs...I also added the 6th gear to the tranny. I will include the gearshift setup that came with the kit and a couple of headers. I will have more info once the engine is out of the car. I don't know how to price it with all performance parts already installed. I will have more IMG_0374.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0389.jpg IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0374.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0389.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0374.jpg IMG_0374.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0389.jpg IMG_0393.jpg pictures once it's out of the car.

I'm using the money to bring it back to it's pure form as an option or if someone in the area would partner with me. I have all the necessary parts on it already including wilwood brakes, koni adjustable shocks, custom made wheels from Italy (13x8)(13x10).

2. fillic

fillic Low Mileage

I'm throwing in the towel on this project that has been going on for years now with no end in sight. The dallara kit was put on the car and I decided to go K, with the wrong mechanic it just turned into a nightmare. The car is now at a place that specializes in Vintage Fiat Spiders, sitting there for over 2 years. It seems Honda guys won't touch it and Fiat guys won't touch it, hybrid limbo.

The Engine has stage 2 or 3 cams installed along with other performance parts including valve springs...I also added the 6th gear to the tranny. I will include the gearshift setup that came with the kit and a couple of headers. I will have more info once the engine is out of the car. I don't know how to price it with all performance parts already installed. I will have more View attachment 25278 View attachment 25279 View attachment 25280 View attachment 25281 View attachment 25278 View attachment 25279 View attachment 25279 View attachment 25281 View attachment 25280 View attachment 25279 View attachment 25278 View attachment 25278 View attachment 25279 View attachment 25280 View attachment 25281 pictures once it's out of the car.

I'm using the money to bring it back to it's pure form as an option or if someone in the area would partner with me. I have all the necessary parts on it already including wilwood brakes, koni adjustable shocks, custom made wheels from Italy (13x8)(13x10).

3. Dallarax19

Dallarax19 Builder -Dallara Replica

Did you give Midwest a shout for help? Unless you are doing the work yourself I would expect you would be in a bit of a pickle. It is not a new story though. Over 20yrs ago I wanted to get someone to paint my car with the body mounted and rough body work done and no one would touch it. I heard "for what it would cost me to do it you would not want to put that kind of money into a car like this" and my favorite " Yeah we can't do it but when you get it done bring it on by, I would like to see what it finally looks like". I painted it myself in the garage and it still holding it's look pretty well.

For what you are doing you need to go to a young tuner guy or race shop. If Midwest will do it they are your best bet, my opinion anyway.

4. Pete Whitstone

Pete Whitstone True Classic

Totally agree. If you are paying someone to do the work, why not take it to the people who invented the kit and installed more of them than anyone? You are going to pay the other guy an hourly rate to stand around and scratch his head and try to figure out what MWB already knows. They're even (kind of) in your neighborhood. They are definitely not in my neighborhood, but I still used them to do my install.

Pete

5. fillic

fillic Low Mileage

Thanks for the replies! Yea if I went that route in the very beginning I could have built two of them for what I have in it now. Money just dried up and thinking of saving what I can and junk the rest.

6. Pete Whitstone

Pete Whitstone True Classic

Sorry to hear you find yourself in that situation. Hope you find a buyer to continue the work.

On that subject, there might be a moderator along sooner or later who will remind you that forum rules require a price on all FSW ads. GLWS.

7. Smaugz

Smaugz Don Moreau

Brayden at Midwest is doing the K20s now.

8. MikeHynes

MikeHynes True Classic

I'm
    interested in your Honda stuff. Please see you're PMs.

9. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Hi fillic,

FS&W guidelines require prices for items offered for sale. Add up what you have in the parts your offering and figure out an asking price. Thanks

10. jovani

jovani True Classic

Please post price. I am very interested as for me this is an easy project.