Lancia Scorpion #800

dherr

True Classic
Just received the title today on my 2nd Lancia Scorpion, 1976 #800. The history is limited on it, but it appears to have been in Georgia until recently. Anyone have any history on it, car looks to have been restored once, but has been sitting out and will need to be completely restored but it is complete. The windshield needs a new seal, but is not broken, the previous owner had taped it in with duct tape to hold it while it was hauled to where I got it. Hood vents are rusty and some rust coming through in a few spots, but overall looks fairly solid. Not sure my plans for it yet until I get it back to my shop. Anyone recognize this one or have any history on it?
thumbnail_IMG_3555.jpg

Apparently the shop where it is at was playing around with it and got it running, which is quite surprising but good to hear. Bad news is the brakes are locked up so they may have to winch it onto the truck to get it here

the sticker on the rear side window is very familiar. Dont know if that was a factory thing or just something a owner added. I had a fiat/lancia repair shop and salvage yard in the atlanta area from the 1990's-2002 I belive i may have worked on it way back then, but memories arent that good that long ago.

Car is now on the trailer, only dragging one wheel now :) Should have it in a few days and I'll see what I got. For the price I paid for it, I am not expecting too much, but should still be well worth it, even if it is just used for parts, but it would be great if it can be saved.

the sticker on the rear side window is very familiar. Dont know if that was a factory thing or just something a owner added. I had a fiat/lancia repair shop and salvage yard in the atlanta area from the 1990's-2002 I belive i may have worked on it way back then, but memories arent that good that long ago.
Car still has the Georgia plate on it. Guy I bought it from inherited it and had it shipped to Topeka KS from Georgia. But it was too much work for him and he sold it to me.

Attachments

• blue lancia.png
    blue lancia.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
the sticker on the rear side window is very familiar. Dont know if that was a factory thing or just something a owner added.
Too small to tell for sure, but it looks similar to the American Lancia Club emblem that came fixed to the rear grille of my Scorpion.

Car was delivered on Friday, we were gone over the weekend, so did not get to it until today. Overall, this is a car that deserves to be restored, it is rough in areas but also you can tell that this was someone's pride and joy not that long ago. Paperwork in the glovebox shows last registration was in 2011, I am guessing once the owner passed away, it ended up stored outside for a few years and water and the sun did the rest. Interior is solid, but crispy and some water has gotten to the floors, so they will definitely need to be patched in places. All four fender lips are solid, rockers are solid, shock towers are solid. Worst rust is in the hood vents (no surprise) and in the battery tray and front of the car. Car has dent/scrape in the passenger door and rear wheel well but minor and easy to fix. Suspension looks decent, brakes once they were broken free are not too bad and the engine has been started so it is not locked up. Cleaned up pictures, I do really like the color.
IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg
IMG_5537.jpg

I sold my X1/9 to Carl here on this forum to make room for this Scorpion in the shop. Glad I did, it will need a full restoration like the X did, but this is a very nice example overall and well worth restoring. The car was purchased for a so little money that I was convinced there was something missing that I did not see in the photos, but it turned out to be quite the surprise.

dherr that's my old car! I owned it from about 1988 until about 1995 in Spokane, WA. I bought it from Parkway Chevrolet in Deer Park Washington, not sure how they ended up with it. Before that a guy named Jeff (Spokane) owned it for quite a few years, not sure if he was the original owner. It was a nice car when I had it although it showed some nose/hood repair. I sold it to my insurance agent's son for $4000 who never drove it much at all, he found some guy from Georgia that wanted it.

So history I know is Jeff (don't know last name), to unknown person, to Parkway Chevrolet, to me, to my insurance agent's son, to some buyer in Georgia.

I would love to see you restore that car!

I sold my X1/9 to Carl here on this forum to make room for this Scorpion in the shop. Glad I did, it will need a full restoration like the X did, but this is a very nice example overall and well worth restoring. The car was purchased for a so little money that I was convinced there was something missing that I did not see in the photos, but it turned out to be quite the surprise.
Pictures as you restore it would be great!

dherr that's my old car! I owned it from about 1988 until about 1995 in Spokane, WA. I bought it from Parkway Chevrolet in Deer Park Washington, not sure how they ended up with it. Before that a guy named Jeff (Spokane) owned it for quite a few years, not sure if he was the original owner. It was a nice car when I had it although it showed some nose/hood repair. I sold it to my insurance agent's son for $4000 who never drove it much at all, he found some guy from Georgia that wanted it.

So history I know is Jeff (don't know last name), to unknown person, to Parkway Chevrolet, to me, to my insurance agent's son, to some buyer in Georgia.

I would love to see you restore that car!
Exactly what I was hoping that I would find some history on this as this appears to be have been well taken care of. The buyer in Georgia had it from the early 2000's until he passed away in the last year or so. It looks like it was stored outside for the last few years, so it has some water damage and rust repairs needed but I promise you it will be restored.

The nose has rust in the battery box and will need some work and the hood really needs to be cut out and redone around the vents, but I'll be looking for a better hood if I can find one in the meantime. Car is behind a few others on my schedule so it will be a while.

The nose has rust in the battery box and will need some work and the hood really needs to be cut out and redone around the vents, but I'll be looking for a better hood if I can find one in the meantime. Car is behind a few others on my schedule so it will be a while.
So it went to Connecticut? Hope the new owner will share here the restoration of my old car. If I had more garage space I would have not sold it.

Yes, guy had one just like it and wanted this one for a future restoration. He has two Zagatos as well, so hopefully this will be restored. Had to sell it as the red one I just picked up is a runner and with a good interior is much further along as it does not have any major rust repair needs, even the hood is good. Your old car is still very restorable and I will also hope he will share his progress in the future.

Back