Lancia Stratos Hillclimb Video...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
IMG_0274.jpg

I thought many of you might be interested in seeing this...

http://www.new-stratos.com/en/#/article/a20

Enjoy!

Very nice Tony. You have room in your big shop for one of those cars... right? :)

Hi Tony,

That is my 85. It was in prime and bumperless when I bought it in 2013. Finally got it painted this summer. I put a MWB repro bumper set on it, so it looks kinda like an early car. Click on the sign pic and you will see a bigger pic.

Hi Tony,

That is my 85. It was in prime and bumperless when I bought it in 2013. Finally got it painted this summer. I put a MWB repro bumper set on it, so it looks kinda like an early car. Click on the sign pic and you will see a bigger pic.

ORANGE huh... I thought you only owned BLACK cars and this was a newly acquired project. What are your thoughts on the 4 versus 5 speed. I keep looking for 5th in my '69 Corvette. HA!

My wife said I needed a more visible color than black. I think I accomplished that goal with this choice. It is very visible.

My 78 hasn't run since 2011. I don't have a fresh opinion on 4 vs 5. Obviously, 5 is more desirable. It is one more afterall.

Yep...

I also run a 205/60 rear tire which saves me another 300-400 rpm when cruising. I notice no difference in its ability to launch in the earlier gears.

BTW... I changed photo but can't seem to add a photo to my signature line. How is that done?

I haven't found an easy way to put a picture in the signature. I typed in the necessary Html code and links to get the pictures in my sig.

Ha, my dream house is located on the Outer Banks of NC, has a three car garage with good AC and has a driveway that replicates that hill climb.
I'd invite you all over for chummy hill climb events.

Check out this interview Davide Cirone did with Gandini "the master".
The part about the X-1/9 and Lancia Stratos starts at 16:40.
Fascinating, listening to him talk about how the designs for these two cars came together.
Fortunately, for those (like myself) who do not speak the native tongue the closed captions are in English.

... and Marcello said it was often attributed to him as being a "flaw"!

HA!

David shakes his head in stern disagreement!

So do I.

Back