Latest Palin take on history ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to hate her.:mad2: That someone this clueless can ramble along as a political force in our country sickens me. I want to ask 'what does the rest of the world think of us?' The fact that this was posted by a gent from the UK tells us the answer to that one doesn't it?

To me it's like really bad 'reality TV', the kind that makes your skin crawl as a person out of embarrassment, not only for the person on camera, but that there are people out there who suck it up. I guarantee you I have people in my office who love her, and they already have the spin down as to why she had such a moronic answer...

(Oh and Dave, those same individuals don't care that you think it's funny! They don't care what anyone outside the borders think, unless it's about sneaking across the borders.)

Honestly buddy ....

Along with Bush Jnr (Grecians instead of greeks), these guys worry the hell out of me.
It has to be said, however, that ignorance of history isn't confined to the north american continent. Recently our unelected Prime Minister told the press that 'we had accepted that the US had led the free world since 1941 in the second World War.' Until it was pointed out that the US wasn't a full time force until '42.

Yep .... if I'm laughing it's because the fellers in the white coats are here to take me away again ............:confuse2::nuts::mallet::cry:

I guess the British public never gets to see the Jay Leno Show and his famous "Jay-walking" segment.

If you take this local news clip in that context, then Palin is just like most of the other people in America: when faced with a pop quiz about basic historical or geographical trivia on TV, Americans can give a lot of crazy answers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JEjXbLQOOE"]YouTube - ‪Jaywalking - Americana‬‏[/ame]

One of you British wags...

said she would make a good ambassador to Milfistan. I don't even know where that is but presumably it can be seen from her backyard:whistle:

Did the PM say exactly where....

America had led the 'free world'? Anyway by my reckoning we were out there in front by lend-lease period when America was leading Britian into debt if nowhere else. No, no don't thank me personally:shh:
You know Dave, it was all Winny could do to keep George Marshall from committing to invasion of France in '42-George was aching to get at the Bosch apparently and Churchill manged to keep him from it long enough so Stalin could win the war. For this alone WC should be worshipped-it explains the realtively small roll call of dead on the town square war monuments as against the Great War:sad:

Another clown is...

...our current President. Have any of you seen his exploits in Europe? He doesn't even know what year it is! He signed in at the Abbey "2008", along with another half dozen gaffes.

clueless

we have a president that goes to england writes the wrong date he visited the queen and gives a speech while they are playing the national anthem , returns a gift back to england when he first gets into office the bust of winston churchill given to the US after 9/11. while running for president he said we have 57 states. how soon we forget!!!

It's very intimidating being near the Queen...

even the sainted Di flubbed her marriage vows (before she flubbed her marriage). All that POMP, all that CIRCUMSTANCE.:excited: I think Tony Blair even threw up on QE2(the monarch not the boat) or something-nope, I'm wrong, that was GHWB and the Japanese PM.

But you are right it probably isn't fair to single out SP for this kind of thing-but on the other hand why shouldn't she be?

Hell....

...she is a private citizen...at least for now. She's an easy distraction for the Dems...they need all of the distractions they can find right now!:whistle:

Palins name comes up quite frequently at my workplace (Federal) and pretty much everyone concludes that she's an idiot. I've always said that if she were to ever get elected as President then I'd assume the US populace had completely lost it's mind (finally) and I'd pack up and move to Australia......or some remote place "out there". :shh:

Too bad she...

...didn't have a good ole teleprompter to help her through this impromptu interview! :excited:

That flat-tax-on-a-postcard that gained some attention a few presidential cycles ('96 and '00) back might be pushing the envelope (if you'll pardon the pun:)).

What she just said...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA3zNqoFBXU"]YouTube - ‪Sarah Palin on Paul Revere‬‏[/ame]

Pardoned!

it was a good one:)

Still, as touching as your faith in your fellow citizens is,even a postcard might be too complicated:whistle:

I would love it though-no more accountant fees! Sorry todd124:sad:

What about the much heralded VAT and no other tax idea?

She is a private citizen?....

Well, live by the sword, die by the sword. If she wants to cash in on her paper thin celebrity she will just have to pay the price of being fodder for any and all-that's the way the famous-for-just-being-famous game works. She is the Paris Hilton of politics and the same rules of engagement are in place for both.

Putting aside any debate of whether we are taxed too little/too much, and just conisdering replacing the current income tax system with an alternative, my personal preference would be the National Sales Tax idea....there are many flavors of it in the several think tanks, but I like the one that the Cato Institute has.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6069

But as you mentioned in another post, what politician in his right mind would give up such an effective politcal tool as the income tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back