Latest Project (#2)

index.php

Is that a bolt going through the wheel bearing where the axle would spine in. I know Caravan's if you push them around without an axle in the wheel bearing will come apart. I have been told it is not an issue with our x1/9. what are your thoughts?

Hi. The bearing in the rear carrier is pressed in and then there is a screen in type of retainer as well. So, the bearing should not come apart. In fact, I broke a rear axle once, and towed it home without any problems. (This is back when I was 18 and stupid...) Now, will the drive shaft which is connected to the wheel, etc, come out? I think that depends. I kind of doubt it, but would not want to bet large sums of money on it.

index.php

Is that a bolt going through the wheel bearing where the axle would spine in. I know Caravan's if you push them around without an axle in the wheel bearing will come apart. I have been told it is not an issue with our x1/9. what are your thoughts?

Yes - the 74 wheel bearing will not hold itself together onto the upright unlike the later model hubs. In my case, it was just to move the car around without losing a wheel ;)

Tim, is that a Porsche 914 whale-tail spoiler on the back?

And we will need a lot more photos of the car.

Back