leaking oil on my 500

Hello everyone
I need your help, MY FIAT 500 has begun to leak oil between the engine and transmission, does anyone know of a tutorial or what steps to follow to repair and gaskets to change.

Thanks.

Riccardo
945258_1154371247919992_2383610557991484831_n.jpg

It sounds suspiciously like a failed rear main seal. I would suggest perusing a few Youtube videos on the subject to give you some idea of what's involved. Depending on how serious the leak is I would consider some "snake oil" additive to the oil first to see if swelling the seal a bit might solve the problem.

It sounds suspiciously like a failed rear main seal. I would suggest perusing a few Youtube videos on the subject to give you some idea of what's involved. Depending on how serious the leak is I would consider some "snake oil" additive to the oil first to see if swelling the seal a bit might solve the problem.
Thank you very much! I will follow what you said!
as "snake oil" ?? I will use LUCAS STOP LEAK OIL
Thanks again!

Riccardo

Thanks again!

Riccardo
Try Liqui Moly motor oil saver. It has worked for me in small motors but also a Toyota Land Cruiser that had heavy real main leak at 250k miles. It almost stopped it completely.

Thanks again!

Riccardo
Please don’t use that stuff.

Although pulling an engine isn’t an easy job, that two cylinder doesn’t weigh much and replacing the rear main seal is not a bit deal.

All of those things collect in the engine and in places your really don’t want soft granular things to collect.

Please don’t use that stuff.

Although pulling an engine isn’t an easy job, that two cylinder doesn’t weigh much and replacing the rear main seal is not a bit deal.

All of those things collect in the engine and in places your really don’t want soft granular things to collect.
Thanks, and yes, I will change the "main seal" I saw some videos on Youtube and it looks "easy to do" Just I need to buy the seals and take time to do this job.

thanks!

Riccardo

Back