LED Issue

autox19

True Classic
I am working on my custom dash. I got an LED indicator for the turn signal light. How i have it wired is coming from the harness, the turn signal positive (using the schematics from the instrument panel pic I googled it is across from the tach signal) to the LED using the positive (it was labeled when i bought it) then the negative goes to the ground on the harness (middle on the white 6 pin, across from the window defog negative.

when i turn the turn signal right, I get one flash then nothing. the turn signals still going. when i turn left I dont get a flash, but the turn signal still works.

Figured I would post this here while I start combing the full schematics.

Odie

put the stock bulb back in for a test to see if it changes. I am suspecting the flasher is not liking the led.

Adding to the above responses, you can buy a flasher made for LED lights, to replace your existing one. It does not require the current draw that regular bulbs normally have so it will "flash" with the LED(s) in place.

Just to clarify. The turn signals are still bulbs. The indicator on the dash is what I am changing out. Looking at the schematics on the wiki. It looks like it gets its power from a relay that is triggered by the flasher. So it doesn't touch the flasher circuit directly. Going to put the original dash back to see if the problem is there. Also the hazard uses the same relay so I will test there and post results.

Odie

ok, here i go, appears to have nothing to do with the LED. when i put the stock panel back in, it does the same thing. so now where to go from here. again, the turn signals work fine, flash when supposed to. but the light on the instrument panel does not work right. no flash on right turn, one flash only on left.

odie

Back