LEDs - instrument pod

Agnelli

True Classic
While in there replacing the speedo, upgraded lighting. Wish my X dash came out this bright
31B4B6EB-C3F2-4B6F-986B-45DB649ACA47.jpeg

Aahhhhhh, my eyes, my eyes!!!!!!!!

The nice thing about getting old and losing your night vision is you don't give a damn about headlights or dash lights because you no longer drive at night...certainly not in an old Fiat.

Those are damn bright, nice job!

While in there replacing the speedo, upgraded lighting. Wish my X dash came out this bright View attachment 55447
One funny outcome I've noticed on all of my dashes after converting to LEDs is the extra illumination tends to highlight the imperfections on the lenses. I have some old gauge lenses with a mix of fine scratches, residue, stains, old polish/treatments, whatever, that are extremely difficult to eliminate. I've tried a multitude of products to clean and improve those lenses (including some rather expensive ones that were "guaranteed" to work), but nothing really gave satisfactory results. I guess the old plastic is simply not fully restorable to a level I'm satisfied with. ;)

One funny outcome I've noticed on all of my dashes after converting to LEDs is the extra illumination tends to highlight the imperfections on the lenses. I have some old gauge lenses with a mix of fine scratches, residue, stains, old polish/treatments, whatever, that are extremely difficult to eliminate. I've tried a multitude of products to clean and improve those lenses (including some rather expensive ones that were "guaranteed" to work), but nothing really gave satisfactory results. I guess the old plastic is simply not fully restorable to a level I'm satisfied with. ;)
Which is why I deleted the lens on my X!

A combo of some low cost non-diode versions from eBay which required correct polarity orientation and two from superbright. I will check the packaging.

Back