Left rear Upright Carrier Assembly WANTED 79-88 X19

CnC79X19

True Classic
After a bit of a break we decided to get back to the car and found that the left rear hub is out of round and needs to be replaced. Is there ANYBODY who has a non worn out one in their parts stash that they are willing to part with? We have some things we are willing to trade to sweeten things up if need be? Used high compression pistons (86.4), plex electronic ignition, a couple heads (74-1300, 79-1500), 74 engine bonnet, reground camshaft with shaved cambox (don't know duration?), and a few other items. Or will pay a fair price. Anyhow, let us know
Thanks

I would part with a hub as the knuckle is heavy to ship and requires that the hub be pressed out of the knuckle and when done normally causes the bearing to separate. Unless you have knowledge to the status of the bearing, you should change it anyway.

Bottom line, I will ship you a hub if you want it, I have 1 here. The right side I have as a spare with a new bearing and wanted to hang on to it.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Sub-zeroil is parting out an '86. I've seen the car and it's rusty but the hubs should be fine.
I would part with a hub as the knuckle is heavy to ship and requires that the hub be pressed out of the knuckle and when done normally causes the bearing to separate. Unless you have knowledge to the status of the bearing, you should change it anyway.

Bottom line, I will ship you a hub if you want it, I have 1 here. The right side I have as a spare with a new bearing and wanted to hang on to it.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Having never done one before, is it a job that requires a degree in Engineering to do Tony? If not I will definitely take you up on it

I am off work next week and will dig out the left side knuckle and press/ pull the bearing race from the hub. No degree in engineering required to put a new bearing in. A knife edge puller to remove the old race is required, but I will have that removed for you.
You will need a new bearing and dust seal. Just to let you know the Fiat 500 Abarth front wheel bearing is the same size as the X1/9 rear but it just has tone ring on the bearing seal for the ABS/traction control system.

I will PM you when I have the part ready to send to you.

TonyK.

As always, either in advice or encouragement I thank you Tony. Let me know all related costs.

I have the ring nut tool at home, so Cliff - if you come by, I can take out the bearing and install a new one for you. (I have a press).

I have the ring nut tool at home, so Cliff - if you come by, I can take out the bearing and install a new one for you. (I have a press).
Awesome, thanks Myron. I'm actually coming your way some time in the next month or so to visit a friend in Cambridge so I'll contact you.

sounds good! If Tony doesn't pan out with the knuckle, let me know. I don't know if I have any/many, will need to check. I need to keep a minimum amount of spares for myself, extras can go (if I have them).

Back