Let the slagging begin - I think I'd like one, for the color alone: The new EV 500 Abarth-e

I heard about a senior lady in Seattle that bought a 500E, drives locally about 10 miles a day. AFAIK the 500 ended production in Mexico.

I'd be really impressed if you could alter the engine sound generator to other models such as a the Kawasaki three cylinder two stroke 500.
Will the Abarth version be sold in the US? Pretty expensive for a not fast car. Not really a hot hatch, maybe just a hot commuter....in looks?

I'd be really impressed if you could alter the engine sound generator to other models such as a the Kawasaki three cylinder two stroke 500.
Will the Abarth version be sold in the US? Pretty expensive for a not fast car. Not really a hot hatch, maybe just a hot commuter....in looks?
Faster than the electric Mini. hehe. The car can play jingles, so I'm certain there's a way for customization, if not, someone will hack whatever the stock fx are...

The last one I was in was an EV1 that my friend leased from GM. It was actually not too bad considering the technology at the time. He had a relatively short commute (~20mi.) and we worked at a company that had set up EV charging very early on. He and this woman who built an EV out of a RAV4 (popular conversion then) were the only takers for the "free" commute.

The last one I was in was an EV1 that my friend leased from GM. It was actually not too bad considering the technology at the time. He had a relatively short commute (~20mi.) and we worked at a company that had set up EV charging very early on. He and this woman who built an EV out of a RAV4 (popular conversion then) were the only takers for the "free" commute.
Thing are a whole lot different now. :)

EVs will finally give us true energy independence.

Yeah? Where’s the lithium coming from…
Oh this tired Oil Company bullshit. 🤣 Unlike gasoline batteries can and will be made from materials we don't even know yet what works well.

However, even now Lithium allows the united States to be sustainably self reliant.

How come no one ever asks where the rhodium, and palladium is coming from for the status quo.

Got any other talking points you need debunked?

Your preaching to the converted son, but in a most offensive way. ;) When I see American car companies trying to control land in foreign countries because of battery material, it doesn’t necessarily make me believe we’re “self-sufficient”

The question was “where’s“ the lithium coming from. It’s not coming from us at the moment. Maybe one day when the Salton Sea is mined, but not now. But we get it, you love EV, hate oil companies, and don’t want American‘s to die fighting for oil. Let’s hope they don‘t have to fight for lithium too…

Meanwhile, how about that new, 500 Abarth E?

Last edited:
We don't send americans to die for oil anymore, We send them to Ukraine so Joe and the Deep state can launder money. Corruption beats Oil every time.

Your preaching to the converted son, but in a most offensive way. ;) When I see American car companies trying to control land in foreign countries because of battery material, it doesn’t necessarily make me believe we’re “self-sufficient”

The question was “where’s“ the lithium coming from. It’s not coming from us at the moment. Maybe one day when the Salton Sea is mined, but not now. But we get it, you love EV, hate oil companies, and don’t want American‘s to die fighting for oil. Let’s hope they don‘t have to fight for lithium too…

Meanwhile, how about that new, 500 Abarth E?

Maybe a little offensive..... Its kind of a default for me. :)

I cant tell you how often "experts" who never lived with one spout "facts" given to them on the internet about EVs.

I don't love ev/hate oil so much as I love things that work better. And EV does. Anyone who tell you otherwise has simply never lived with one. :)

Just hoping the Electric Abarth is coming to the States.... (And that it doesn't cost $60,000) The range on my 2015 500e has dropped pretty sharply this last year...😫 I fear it won't be long before it lacks a useful range, and there doesn't seem to be any viable battery replacement strategy as of yet....

Just hoping the Electric Abarth is coming to the States.... (And that it doesn't cost $60,000) The range on my 2015 500e has dropped pretty sharply this last year...😫 I fear it won't be long before it lacks a useful range, and there doesn't seem to be any viable battery replacement strategy as of yet....
I'm curious abut your battery range.... How much did you loose, how old is the battery, how many miles?

Back