Let's destroy two X1/9s

carl

True Classic
All it takes is two Xs and a Toyota Avalon with a little inattention mixed in.

IMG_0722[1].JPG

Both people in the Toyota are thankfully OK but I imagine both Xs are totaled. This happened this morning in front of my house.

So how was your day.

Insert 100 crying smilies here.:( My day? Not nearly as bad as yours. So sorry. Hang in there, Carl.

Carl, I'm pretty sure that'll buff out... Seriously, let me know if you need help moving them. Have trailers, will travel.

Wow Carl... What are the odds? If it helps you any, here's what I would do... TAKE THE INSURANCE MONEY AND RUN!!!

I am still blown away by this... Was this distracted driving?? I can't imagine anyone going super fast down your street....

At least you have the flared X to migrate significant parts from these two...

Thanks all, that makes four Fiat events in the 33 years I have lived here. First the Shwanns meat service truck takes out a spider because he didn't set the parking brake, then wild child decides to kill a light pole with the red X this past summer and now this.

Assuming both cars are actually totaled, the plan is to buy them back strip 'em and be done with the bodies. I didn't need this now, I'm just starting a spider resurrection. Tim and Todd, my two trailer guys, I'll keep you posted on any action needed.

Holy effing isht!

That is completely out of hand.

Truly sorry to see this. Plus that is two X’s that Carl won’t be selling in the spring to some other Xweb member.

ouch, I didn't buy back mine and wished I would have, even though the buy back was "high", IMHO. My totaled X was $700 buy back I think, and it sold at copart for about that.

Have you thought about having some ceremony, (religious or civil), done to change your luck? Try doing a google search using "Fiat, curse, and removal" and see how many hits you get.

Good luck.

If it works add it to the wiki.

X1/9s have always been magnets for inattentive drivers but this takes the cake! So bummed for you, Carl... Insurance might cover some of the cars value but it won't cover the blood-sweat-n-tears lost.

I suggest you drop off the stripped shells in front of the Avalon driver's house.

On the bright side, you will have spare 1500s for when that next 128 comes along... ;)

On Dec 13th Carl wrote:
"I don't know why you guys want Xs to be upward mobile collector cars. Just means the hipsters will shell out money at stupid rates for these cars, taking them out of the hands of hobbyists like me and this forum will be more about which wrist watches best match the car and hot mods will be about installing 10" info screens on the dash. I'd go back to motorcycles but every turkey bike form the 70s are now considered hot bikes to convert to café racers and bobbers....really, the CB350 was never a cult bike until recently, our RD350s would just destroy them and I never saw one on the grid of the production races I ran in. Wow, that's what happens when I drink two cups of coffee instead of one......bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Carl,
I'm sorry that this happened and it saddens me that yet TWO more X1/9's will likely be removed from the world. The average X1/9 is too low in value for it's own good. Insurance companies can easily TOTAL the car based on the estimated cost of repairs leaving you with pennies for the dollars you have invested. Even if you buy back what is left you will have salvage titles and insufficient funds to have them professionally repaired. This is THE #1 REASON why I wish for X1/9's to appreciate to a higher value. I hope this awful misfortune will change yours and others minds on this subject.

Ugh Carl - that's just awful. I hope things can be made as right as possible!

Curious about the insurance other owners are using. I have an agreed value policy through State Farm for my X, so i'd expect that to reduce the valuation argument if it came to making a claim.

It is sure Carl's x1/9 will be totaled by the insurance company. Why? Because after such a big hit, the headlights, the wipers and the heater aren't working anymore! :oops:

Back