LIVE - in 15 minutes at 10:45am PST Thursday Nov 17 - from the LA Auto show....

Smart - launch plan includes LARGE metropolitan areas only. Chrysler Wyoming doesn't have to worry about learning anything new now :)

My Wife and I went to go see it, unfortunately they didn't have any models there that we might get. Just 3 blingy, tacky 'designer' examples(all convertibles) that they were going to auction off for charity or something like that....😡
Also, there's been a lot of conflicting information on what the milage range would be... They say at least 199(miles) in Europe, but say it will probably be less here? What is the reason for that? It's not a miles vs kilometer sort of thing, a mile there is a mile here... Will it get a crappier battery here? If anything, a U.S. model needs more range than Europe as everything is more spread out here.. Heck, some of our States are larger than some of those Countries...🙃

My Wife and I went to go see it, unfortunately they didn't have any models there that we might get. Just 3 blingy, tacky 'designer' examples(all convertibles) that they were going to auction off for charity or something like that....😡
Also, there's been a lot of conflicting information on what the milage range would be... They say at least 199(miles) in Europe, but say it will probably be less here? What is the reason for that? It's not a miles vs kilometer sort of thing, a mile there is a mile here... Will it get a crappier battery here? If anything, a U.S. model needs more range than Europe as everything is more spread out here.. Heck, some of our States are larger than some of those Countries...🙃
I think there are two battery options in Europe? Do electric cars, like petrol, go further at slower speeds? FIAT is marketing the new 500e ONLY to large, metropolitan areas in North America, initially. The Mini electric is on sale here, with a range of 100 miles. Hasn’t stopped them so far. U.S. crash regs may infringe on battery sizes? Hard to know until it arrives.

Yes, electric cars travel much farther at slower speeds and especially stop and go where regenerative braking comes into play more often. I had also heard about two battery options, but the Fiat reps at the show didn't have any info on that at all... U. S. Crash standards will probably keep the 3 door version from coming here though....

Yes, electric cars travel much farther at slower speeds and especially stop and go where regenerative braking comes into play more often. I had also heard about two battery options, but the Fiat reps at the show didn't have any info on that at all... U. S. Crash standards will probably keep the 3 door version from coming here though....
That would be the biggest loss - people want that door for their dogs…

Also, there's been a lot of conflicting information on what the milage range would be... They say at least 199(miles) in Europe, but say it will probably be less here? What is the reason for that? It's not a miles vs kilometer sort of thing, a mile there is a mile here...
Europe uses the WLTP test cycle, which gives more optimistic numbers than the EPA test cycle used in the US.

Back